Velleman 8200 takes about 10 minutes to start after "Start"

My printer used to start moving immediately upon " Start" print command.
Now, it takes up to two minutes or longer…any help ???
Thanks
w

Help

Sorry, we have no experience with this problem.
Something must have changed, however, you are in a better position to determine what than we are.
Did you change anything on your PC (settings, installed software,…) or did you update the firmware?
Anything else you can think of?

Is your room cooler then what it was before?
Is it taking longer to start after the bed and the extruder come up to it’s target temp?
Or is it taking longer to heat up?
Do you have anything else running on your machine?

I know it’s been a while since I posted this but now it’s taking the Velleman about 20 minutes or longer to start a print. It says “Printing” in the command line also “ETA” and shows the bed and nozzle up to temp/;…I have three other printers and they all start within seconds of “Print” command. This is very frustrating…
Any help would be awesome.

Waynester,

Do any of the question I asked apply?

Hello,
No, none apply in this case.
Room Temp the same…nothing else running on computer or machine…This morning it took almost 30 minutes to start…is there a setting that “waits until extruder and bed reach temp” ?..although the temps are fine …but still no action…
Thanks again.
WayneSter

Hi,

The temps that the printer needs to reach are in the slicer settings and the printer settings.
However the printer should not start until the correct temp is reached.
You don’t want it to start until (This is for PLA) bed has at least 50C (your project will not stick to the bed) I start mine at 60C and the extruder is at 190C (the plastic will not melt and flow right)

When you click on run (Repetier) the bed will start heating when it hits it’s target temp the the extruder will start heating.

I hope this helps.

My normal procedure for prints is to turn bed and hotend on first while warming check my bed leveling, Home extruder, raise it 10 mil. and when temp over 175 extrude 30 mm of material to prime hotend…then I hit “Print”. I’m still at odds with the Velleman… It used to start instantly… Like my ordbot or printrbot or rostock… yesterday it took 30 minutes before starting…talk about wasting energy…ouch…Baffled.
w.

The bed and extruder temperatures need to be within a certain range over a specified amount of time. You can adjust that setting in the Marlin code. Perhaps your temperatures are ‘spiking’ outside of the range until everything has reached equilibrium. Have you run a PID tuning loop?

Hello,
Yes Ran P.I D. auto tune

Factory was P=63 I=2.25 D=440
Auto Tune P = 22 I=1.56 D=83

Any thoughts…?
Thank you.
WayneSter