Various problems

I have just started to calibrate and test my printer and have several problems.

1. On the main board where you calibrate the motors, the screwdriver slot is missing on one of the points so I cannot calibrate the motor. When I hold down the point with a screwdriver I get a reading but when I take it off it shows zero. The other motor calibrations cannot be set above 0.412.
  2. When I run through the first stages of moving the axes in repetier I get the following :
    Z axis does not move and makes a lot of noise.
    Y axis moves well in one direction but judders on the return.
    X axis moves to the right on the first click but then moves to the left when the same point on the screen is pressed again.
    All axes can be moved easily by hand.
  3. At the bottom of the screen where the temperatures are shown, the instructions state that the nozzle and bed temperatures should be shown at room temperature, mine shows 19.3C/off.

Can you please post a picture of your stepper drivers?
Sounds like one is bad from your description.

cheers,

Christian

Hi Christian,
Thanks for the reply, can you tell me how to attach the photos and is it the circuit board that you need to see?

Kevin

[quote=“diverkev”]Hi Christian,
Thanks for the reply, can you tell me how to attach the photos and is it the circuit board that you need to see?

Kevin[/quote]

Unfortunately you can’t attach pictures here.
You need to upload them to a picture hoster or dropbox and post a link.

Yes, the Mainbord from the top side, where the stepper modules are plugged in.
Please try to get the picture as high resolution and as sharp as you can.

cheers,

Christian

A link to the images is here.

postimg.org/gallery/3flfquqw4/

[quote=“diverkev”]A link to the images is here.

postimg.org/gallery/3flfquqw4/[/quote]

Can you please take a close picture, directly down on the stepper drivers, without the cables in the way?

frim your previous posts is sounds ther is a bad potentiometer on one of them, that was what i wanted to check.

cheers,

Christian

I have added another photo, I am not sure if it is good enough but it is the best that I can get from my camera.

postimg.org/my.php?gallery=3flfquqw4

Thanks

[quote=“diverkev”]I have added another photo, I am not sure if it is good enough but it is the best that I can get from my camera.

postimg.org/my.php?gallery=3flfquqw4

Thanks[/quote]

Sorry but the link does not work this time.

Try this one.

postimg.org/image/fxvsibgib/

Thanks

From the picture it looks that the stepper driver for the Y motor misses the slider of the trimming potentiometer, right?
If so, try to remove it and temporary replace it with the module from the extruder motor, leaving the extruder without
a stepper module plugged in.
Then try to calibrate the remaining three stepper drivers to 0.55v.
Does that work?

cheers,

Christian

Yes, you are right the trimmer is missing.
I appreciate your helpful suggestions but can I ask why you think that removing the potentiometer from that position will allow me to calibrate the others. I have already tried to calibrate them all and cannot get it higher than 0.412.

Thanks

[quote=“diverkev”]Yes, you are right the trimmer is missing.
I appreciate your helpful suggestions but can I ask why you think that removing the potentiometer from that position will allow me to calibrate the others. I have already tried to calibrate them all and cannot get it higher than 0.412.

Thanks[/quote]

Sorry, i was a little uncear i think. :wink:

What i meant was:
Remove the damaged stepper driver module from the controller pcb.
Then put the extruder module in the Y stepper driver slot and try if the stepper driver calibrate and work then.

cheers,

Christian