Using a different control board for K8200?

My K8200 has, mechanically, been working excellently since day one. However, this CPU controller board it came with is junk! I’ve never had so many issues with a circuit board since getting into electronics. I’ve reached a point where the board has to be replaced. Anybody currently using a different board on their K8200? Trying to see which ones others seem to prefer and are working well together. I’d much rather try a different board before getting another one of these junk ones for $150.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

[quote=“pwalsh117”]My K8200 has, mechanically, been working excellently since day one. However, this CPU controller board it came with is junk! I’ve never had so many issues with a circuit board since getting into electronics. I’ve reached a point where the board has to be replaced. Anybody currently using a different board on their K8200? Trying to see which ones others seem to prefer and are working well together. I’d much rather try a different board before getting another one of these junk ones for $150.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks![/quote]

What problems do you face?
It’s not THAT bad at all.

No need to pay that much. It’s much cheaper to buy a 3Drag board, rather than a Velleman.

I’ve got a Duet board on my K8200, the stepper drives are much smoother and the trajectory planner in the (DC42) firmware is better too.