USB Connection

Unfortunately I accidentally pulled the USB mini plug off the board. It has been repaired by a technician but only the power on lights come on and there is no com port opened. The plug looked as though it came off cleanly (I didn’t even notice until…) and the feet were epoxied back on plus the techie soldered the 5 USB connectors back onto the board. Where should I go from here?

PS It was working fine until this happened (although sometimes it produced 2 - 3 mm offset printing perhaps because the laptop went into sleep mode?)

We’d suggest to return the board for inspection/repair.
You can return the board to your distributor or direct to:

Velleman Projects Tech. Dept.
Legen Heirweg 33
9890 Gavere
Belgium

US residents: please call (817) 284 77 85 for RMA#

OK thanks, I’l try to sort out if there is a problem with the USB signal in/out with the technician or with the distributor first. My pulleys are firmly in place so any idea why the should be a sudden offset to some of my initial prints (other than the laptop waking from sleep)?

Regards, Greg

I’ve now had another qualified technician look at the board and he tested the continuity of the USB connections – they were all good. He thought that perhaps one of the chips got fried when the plug pulled and offered to replace it (he has surface mounting expertise). However, it seems that the best option is to send it back which I will now do. Hopefully it will be there by the 20th of November.
Regards, Greg