USB Connection to K8200

ho sorry. I translate with google.
printing does not end.
the small parts to finish. the big parts not finish.
(big) over 2h. approximately.

Sorry I still do not understand
Can you post a picture on a free website and post the link up here?

Do you mean that the printer stops before finishing the print job?

If it’s what happens, it’s often due to USB connection issue : Electromagnetic interferences, USB cable too long and/or not shielded, printer plugged into a surge protected outlet, bad USB driver, etc…

He Guy’s can anyone tell me if there is a way to fix the USB connector on the Main CPU Board for the K8200 as I had cable plugged into laptop and one of my kids moved my Laptop and the connector came away from the CPU Main board?

here on forum is, how is possible add USB wires on board.

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=33059220140427094950.jpg

Oh, just dont forget to pass the cable in the hole used for the screw before soldering cables, it helps when your kid will pass by near the laptop next time :wink: it helps to avoid another drama, trust me LOL
It occurs to me then it’s just a tip :wink:

Thanks for your help & support on this matter

I’ve now got the same problem.

I printed out a handle for the extruder wheel, then turned the printer off. I’ve just come back to print something else and the USB connects, but Repetier is showing 7 commands to send.

I have the printer turned on, both connected via USB in Repetier, plus the power switch is turned on. The voltage from the power supply is testing at 15v, as it should, but the stepper motor drivers are testing as .132, which is the same as when the power is removed from the printer. I had them set to the correct setting, so I know that there is no power getting through my board.

Please help.

The 2 lights, red and green will only light if the mini USB is plugged in without power to the printer.
Once you plug in power to the printer, the lights will go out and the green light will flash briefly on top.

Make sure the COM port is shown on the Device Manager. Mine came up as COM14. One time I believe it came up as COM15.
You will see it in the Device Manager as USB Serial Port (COMXX) where as I said before, mine is COM14.

Now when you fire up the Repetier software and hit connect, then the red & green lights will flash every 2 seconds or so as it communicates with the printer.

Hope that helps!

[color=#0000FF]May the[/color] [color=#FF0000]FORCE[/color][color=#0000FF] be with you and have a magical day![/color]

[color=#0000FF]MagicBill[/color]

[quote=“philh99”]I’ve now got the same problem.

I printed out a handle for the extruder wheel, then turned the printer off. I’ve just come back to print something else and the USB connects, but Repetier is showing 7 commands to send.

I have the printer turned on, both connected via USB in Repetier, plus the power switch is turned on. The voltage from the power supply is testing at 15v, as it should, but the stepper motor drivers are testing as .132, which is the same as when the power is removed from the printer. I had them set to the correct setting, so I know that there is no power getting through my board.

Please help.[/quote]
Phil,

Can you see the COM port on Device Manager and also on the Printer Settings of the Repetier software?
If so and the correct port is selected, try the Manual Control tab. Is the power to the motors turned off?
If so, turn it on and try to run the motors there.
Also, when I was having connect problems, it seemed to help when I pushed the reset button on the top of the controller board on the printer.

Hope this helps!

[color=#0000FF]May the[/color] [color=#FF0000]FORCE[/color][color=#0000FF] be with you and have a magical day![/color]

[color=#0000FF]MagicBill[/color]

Thanks for replies. Yes, the computer is definately connected via usb, as it shows there are commands waiting. The controls on the manual tab are active, I can click them and the number of waiting commands goes up. I do not have the light sequence indicating that the power will be the problem. I’ve checked all settings, as I say, it was working earlier amd checked other usbs etc etc.

I have used the reset switch a couple of times previously, but does nothing this time, not even flashing leds or anything…

In the menu connection of the printer configuration, there is a check box under cache reception parameter. This check box has to be unchecked and baud rate at 250000

Yes, as I say, the configuration hasn’t changed, so they are as they were. I’ve reinstalled the drivers and software as well. I occasionally get this when connecting to the printer:

11:26:31.905 : Serial com error:System.IO.Ports.SerialErrorReceivedEventArgs

Order:

Plug usb in, sound from computer to say connected and the red and green leds are on.
Turn power on, red and green go off, sometimes, and a green led flashes next to the y-stop connecter, then green and red leds come back on.

I have unplugged all cables and there still does not appear to be the .550v getting to the stepper motors that i have dialled in.

Check the voltage from the power supply should be 15 volts.
In the printer settings under connection
Make sure Reset on Connect is set to Disabled

Hi, yes, as per above, the voltage at the connector is 15v and thos settings are as you’ve said, they haven’t changed, thanks.

Maybe check the output of the 5 volt regulator.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I’ll have to look up how to do that, don’t suppose you have a pointer?

Hello Everyone, I join the thread just for saying that i have a similar problem, but on my case, everythign works fine.
FIrst 2 weeks of testing went fine, since 1 week ago i get random disconnection from the usb while printing…
I tryed to change the USB port, to change the com port, and to update and reinstall the drivers, same thing, I screwed up already lot of plastic because this problem…
I wonder if enyone her got a similar problem of random usb disconnections while printing…

[quote=“Bigskill”]Hello Everyone, I join the thread just for saying that i have a similar problem, but on my case, everythign works fine.
FIrst 2 weeks of testing went fine, since 1 week ago i get random disconnection from the usb while printing…
I tryed to change the USB port, to change the com port, and to update and reinstall the drivers, same thing, I screwed up already lot of plastic because this problem…
I wonder if enyone her got a similar problem of random usb disconnections while printing…[/quote]

Look for possible causes and solutions in the [color=#408000]Wiki[/color].