USB Connection to K8200

Hi,

i just finished to build my k8200 - but unfortunately i cannot connect it to my pc.

i downloaded and isntalled the divers, startet the device-manager, connected the motherboard with the usb-cable - but ther’s no action… no usb-serial-device… :frowning:

i also checkt it with another pc - no action as well…

i allready use drivers vom FTDI for an usb-serial-converter - so i deinstalled them, installed again the one for k8200 und reconnected the 8200 - no action again… :frowning:

what can i do??

btw. strange is - that i even can’t hear a ‘connect-sign’ from the usb - so i guess the usb-connector on the motherboard is not good…

(i’me using a 64bit version of win7 - installed the 64bit drivers and of course with admin-right… :wink:

when you connect the usb cable to the board do you see the 2 led’s closest to the connector light up ?
(LD6 and LD5)

no… not light at all…

Same problem here…

is it a powered USB 2.0 port?

Yes, tried Mac and windows on different computers…

Try different USB-Cable if you have one spare.

I’ve been thru 3 cables already. It’s strange because i can adjust the motors, but cant connect to a computer.

same by me… tried 3 cables, 2 computers…

(and yes, all other usb-devices get power and smart-phone get loaded on these ports…)

Hi all,

Please send the boards to :

Legen Heirweg 33
B-9890 GAVERE
België (Europa)

We will examine the boards and send you a new one asap.

Sincerely

Velleman Support Team

Hi,
i just finished my K8200…

in step two of “using the printer” i tried to adjust the 0.420 v DC on the four motor drivers. One of them cannot be adjusted, so i send it back to Reichelt.de to get a new one.

Now i installed the downloaded driver (as an Administrator - win7 64bit) - the installation worked - but the device manager shows a mistake: The settings for the device can not be determined. Refer to the device documentation to set the configuration on the Resource tab to set. (Code 34). So i cannot enter a Number in the repetier software!

Anyhow i plugged in the USB cable to a power usb port but nothing happend ( strange is - that i even can’t hear a ‘connect-sign’ from the usb) - i have also used other fully functional USB cables…
Also no lights when i connect the board - but the push-button (P1) top right gives a light sign (JPV) when pushing.

So what can i do with the Driver Problem?
And what can i do with the USB connecting problem?

Thanks
Sincerely

That’s indeed not normal behaviour,

Can you send your board to the following address with a full description of the problem and your address included.

Service Department Velleman
Legen Heirweg 33
B-9890 GAVERE
België (Europa)

We will test/examine the board and send you a replacement.

thank you for the immediate reply!
I will send you the board…

But can you also help me with the non functioning driver?

-> Now i installed the downloaded driver VCP 2.08.30 (as an Administrator - win7 64bit) - the installation worked - but the device manager shows a mistake: The settings for the device can not be determined. Refer to the device documentation to set the configuration on the Resource tab to set. (Code 34). So i cannot enter a Number in the repetier software!

So what can i do with the USB connecting problem?

Sincerely

I meant send us the whole board not only just the stepper driver.

You can uninstall that software driver from your pc and when you receive your new board install the driver again.

Hi,

i have already send you the whole Board (but on the board one step driver is missing, cause it was defect and i have already sended it to reichelt.de for a new one).

I will wait till i get my new board and then i will install the VCP driver again!
Thank you for the immediate replies!!!

Hello everybody,
I have sent you my defect board on 07. of August (it must reached you on 09. of August). Can you tell me how long it takes to get a new one? I really want to finish my printer :slight_smile:

you can send me a status mail to: info@novo-design.de
Sincerely

Hello erverybody,

got it! Thanks!

no problem

I think I have the same problem, I have everything assembled, plugged into the 120V wall outlet. I’ve checked the power connector on the bottom of the board and it shows 15V.
As soon as its plugged in, the green “JPV” LED blinks twice then stays off. And when I plug in the USB cord from my Mac to the board the “JP5” and “JP6” will flicker red/green and then stay off.
After starting Repetier-Host-Mac (version 0.56) and clicking the connect button I’m only getting: “Attempting to connect to printer” “Couldn’t open port for device None”

Do I have a defective board as well?

Unfortunately I don’t speak MAC.
But is sounds like you did not load the drivers.
Just a guess.