USB Charging cable

I just received the HPS140 scope, It does all it is supposed to and works as expected however the charging cable is only outputting 5.3 volts dc.Written on the USB end of the cable it says “secondary -9 volts 200ma”.I paid attention to this because the charge light on the scope would not come on when the charger was used and no i did not try to use it while the scope was in operation.
My question is - is this the normal out put (5.3 volts) of the charger even though it says 9 volts?
If so how is it supposed to charge the unit and if not can i send just the charger back?

5.3V is definately too low.
We’d recommend to return the cable for exchange.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have exactly the same situation, I don’t think the charger ever worked. Where can I get it replaced, I have had the unit 4 months

OK forget that, I find that I can buy another one for less than £5 from Vellman UK so I will just do that.

Of course if that one doesn’t work I will return both!!

What!!! As much again to ship it??? Grrrrr

Please note that we do not have a Velleman UK dept.
We have distributors in the UK.
Anyway, please mail us the defective charge cable using regular surface mail. We will examine it and if necessary replace it.

Velleman Projects Tech. Dept.
Legen Heirweg 33
9890 Gavere
Belgium

Thanks for that.

I’m looking at velleman.co.uk which has your logo etc so I assumed it was yourselves.

Anyway a very interesting site with many ‘must have’ products, glad I found it.

Even though they have a velleman domain name, velleman.co.uk is actually a customer of ours, ESR Electronic Components Ltd.