Unable to print with Slic3r

Hi everyone,
I’ve tried several times to slice with Slic3r and afterwards print it on the k8400 but it doesn’t work. The print head moves just a little bit and it’s far away from the printbed. The extruder extrudes normaly.
I am using Repetier Host v 2.0.5, it’s not the vertex build because I had some grafic issues that a reinstall couldn’t fix.

Thanks in advance

Dear cglukas,

please try to put the gcode-file directly on a SD card and start the printing manually on the K8400. By this you can check if the gode is properly generated. This would decide where you have to look after: proper code generation with Sli3r or setup of the repetier host.

Personally I’m using Slic3r and direct print from SD-card with supervision of Octoprint.

Ok, I did that. Same failure. So it seems to be a Slic3r error.
How can I fix that?

There are several steps you can do.

1. First of all check the printer settings. With manual homing of all axes you should be in the backside right edge with the Z-Stage nearly in contact to the nozzle(s). Check the Velleman Wiki for further information about proper adjustment of the printer heads and end stops.

2. You have to set up the print head properly in Slic3r. Within the printer settings tab you have to define the print bed size, origin and the z-distance after homing. If you have a distance between print bed and nozzle tip you can put in this value as negative number.

3. If this doesn’t help you may check Slic3r parameters. You can switch between expert and simple mode, but be careful, I realized that the setting in one mode is not taken in the other mode correctly. So if you think you can handle the expert mode you may set the “Verbose G_Code” option in the print setting tab. You may post the first and last comment lines of you gcode file here to allow a short review of your settings.

However, if you think this can be a SLic3r related problem you may check the Sil3r forum too.

Good luck.