Unable to install K8055/VM111 software on XP laptop

I’ve tried unsuccessfully to install the demo software supplied with my USB interface board.

I downloaded latest versions from the web site as zip files. I couldn’t find any instructions re the K8055D.DLL file so I copied this into the windows\system32 folder.

I unzipped the demo_install_package.zip file into a new directory C:\temp and ran the setup.exe file from windows explorer. This shows up in the application panel of taskmanager as C:\temp, but not the setup, which only shows in the process panel with wowexec,exe and ntvdm.exe. The HD light flasehes as if the PC is searching for a file. Eventually after 20-30 minutes when nothing has happened, though the HD light is still flashing, I give up and reboot the PC.

This is a Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 HP Compaq Presario IGB memory, 64GB HD (34-35GB used) with Macafee AV. Windows and Mcafee are set to update automatically.

Any ideas why this could be happening, and how I can fix it. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Regards, Brendan

The installation software is very old.
It seems it is no longer compatible with the operating system you are using.

You may use the latest ZIP files from Velleman site.
velleman.eu/distributor/supp … 8055&type=

[quote] Software DLL (Rev 3.0.2)
supports Windows Vista, VC++ version and executable examples
Software DLL Rev 2
older DLL with examples and source code (source can also be used with DLL rev 3) [/quote]
Just extract them and you can run the demo.
The instructions are in the folder:
k8055_dll_2_001.zip\K8055_DLL2\Manual

I think I have a similar problem . I try to install my 8055 on a old XP laptop. I used the small original CD Kit Soft v3.0 I can play the DEMO (diodes on the board are lighting)
but the Device Manager still see the board as a “USB Human Interface”
as describe there :https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Velleman_K8055 I tried to install the nez driver for the USB Human Interface Device without success
I also tried with a new version downloaded on this site (Velleman) and I’m stil doubt.
How can I be sure the soft is correctly installed ?

Thank you for your attention

The K8055 is a USB Human Interface Device (HID).
There is no need to install any driver.
The HID driver is included to the Windows operating system.
It seems the software is correctly installed and working.