Trouble Communicating with the Controller Board

Dear Sir or Madame,
We have just recently finished constructing our new Velleman K8200 3D Printer, and we have some trouble with the control board. When we went to test the motors, we noticed that the computer was having a difficult time connecting to the printer. When it finally did connect, the ‘printer type’ came up as default. After a lot of work, we finally got the printer type to come up as K8200. Then we went to ‘manual control’ as your instructions told us to, but none of the motors work, so we checked all the wires and they were fine. We then started looking at the control board and noticed that the connection light when it is plugged into the computer come on, but when it is plugged into power, the lights go off. Is this a problem? Is there something we can do?

It’s normal that when there is no power to the printer but the USB is plugged in the 2 LEDs will be on and when you plug the power in they will turn off.

Go into the printer settings upper right corner.

Check your com port.
Baud rate = 250000
Reset on Connect = Disabled

If you are just starting use this software package.
http://www.k8200.eu/downloads/files/downloads/setup_repetierhost_k8200_0_95f.zip

190C is a good starting point for PLA
Set the drivers to 0.55 instead of 0.425

Look in the log area of the software for errors.

Hy,

I have big problems with my K8200. Now its the second board with the same problem. After printing an object the X-stepper-motor dosnt work. And I cant connect to the board.
One board is in your company (Velleman). I dont know what the error is.
I bought a second board and now its broken too.

What can I do.

regards Anton

And its no funny, becouse the board costs 150€.