Trapezoidal spindel firmware upgrade

I have bought a new trapezoidal spindel. And I need to change the Z-axis setting for the steps/mm in the firmware. I cannot find it, I tried to google it. I just cannot find it.

The new pitch is about 6 times steeper, if I tell the printer to rise 30mm it is alsmost at his top. The pitch is precisely 8mm/revolution

In which C or H file can I find this specific setting?

I just happen to have found it. In configuration.h use ctrl F to find this line: #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {64.25,64.25,2560,600}

The pitch of 8mm thread is 1.25, the new pitch is 8.00. So the printer now needs to make 8.00/1.25 = 6.4 times less steppes than before.
And 2560 [steps/mm] / 6.4 = 400 [steps/mm]. Change 2560 in 400 and you are set!

I am suprised in how I could not find this on the internet.

Hy,
take care of layers height now, with 8mm lead you can’t have all the sizes you want :frowning:
Also, this option should be now at false, #define DISABLE_Z because I had the problem of Z axis going down while printing, catastrophic results.
You can get the various layers size with the following link
prusaprinters.org/calculator/

[quote=“Tag”]Hy,
take care of layers height now, with 8mm lead you can’t have all the sizes you want :frowning:
Also, this option should be now at false, #define DISABLE_Z because I had the problem of Z axis going down while printing, catastrophic results.
You can get the various layers size with the following link
prusaprinters.org/calculator/[/quote]

Yeah now you mention it, I already noticed that the pitch was so extreme that the spindel could slide through the special nut. I can indeed imagine that the entire extruder arm can drop like that when the motor loses power.

I see on that calculator that my prefered layer height of 0.4mm is not a problem. Also usefull tip.

Thank you for preventing my future headache, I will update the firmware first thing tomorrow.