Too small inner diameter on holes with slic3r

Hi everyone!

I have really big problem in getting the correct dimensions on holes in parts when using slic3r and repetier.

I’ve tried to print with Cuda instead and the inner diameters is much more acurate.

Any one else with similar experiences?

The same goes for me. For the smaller diameters I have to make the inner diameter in my design 1 mm bigger. For the outer diameter it’s about 0,5 mm.

I wanted to try printing an object sliced with CuraEngine but my K8200 then starts to do strange things after starting a print job.

This is a common problem that has several contributing factors:

• Some types of filament shrink more than others as they cool - ABS can be a problem.
  • If you don’t render your curves into enough segments, the circles can have their “corners cut” with short straight line segments. (In OpenSCAD, the $fn variable controls angular resolution of curved line segments.
  • The filament bead has a width, and so slicing software tends to get exterior dimensions better than interior.
  • Make sure your printer is properly calibrated - print a 2mm test cube if you are not sure and correct all 3 axes of your printer if necessary.

I usually design my models with some kind of “slop” correction factor for all measurements so that I can easily increase or decrease critical dimensions if the test print is not correct.