Thinking of buying the HPS140i

I am a small kit builder, and high end audiophile. I want this product mainly to detect amplifier clipping. I regularly use a digital multimeter, but have very little experience using a scope. My concern is my ability to figure it out. Are there any tutorials? Also have a few questions:

Are replacement battery packs available?
Does Velleman sell an AC Adapter for it?
Can this site walk me through any issues I may have understanding it’s operation?

I know the only way to detect amplifier clipping is with a scope.

Replacement packs are available should it be necessary, however, up until now, we did not get any returns due to bad battery packs.
The unit comes with a USB charger. Any mains-to-usb adaptor will do the job.
Our EDU06 kit is the ideal starting point for people who would like to start using an oscilloscope.
http://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?id=387510

No that is not the full truth: some amplifiers under load start with a deformation of the top of the sine before the real clip occurs. You cannot see that on a scope (or you should have very well trained eyes regarding the perfect shape of a sinus), you need a distortion analyser or spectrum analyser for that.

Yes, You are correct. I stand corrected, but all I’m really interested in is seeing the top of the wave beginning to flatten because this is when it gets dangerous especially for tweeters. I understand what your talking about though. So is this a good instrument for this purpose? Seems like one of the nicest little pocket scopes I have seen. That nano thing seems to have to many bugs, and being on a Mac I would find it difficult to do a firmware upgrade.Please give me your thoughts on this little pock scope. Does it have a lot of jitter, is it reliable, does it trigger well? Is it easy to damage, or is it well protected? I would never be using it on mains, just small kits, and amp clipping. I do have a Crown XTI 2000 power amp I would like to check clipping on. How many watts can I safely check?I would have to setup a fixed load I guess. what is the power feature of the scope?