Temperatur is not setteling to load ABS filament

Hi,
When trying to load ABS filament the temperature is moving around the 235 °C but it gets never stable so the filament wont be loaded in.
Could be something optimized changing the PID values ?
Loading PLA it takes some time until filament will be laded having the nozzle temperature moving around 190°C.
I checked the terminator if it is mounted correctly… everything is fine here,
When printing PLA the temperature is moving from 188°…192° so why it it not possible to set the load temperature tolerance to a bigger value.
Rupert

Hello,
The PID settings are optimized for printing at 190°. You can automatically calculate the PID settings for other temperatures:

• Remove the bottom plate and connect the printer to your computer
• Open the vertex Nano software, connect and go to Manual control
• Manually send the following gcode: M303 S230 C5
M303 is PID auto calibrate
S230 is setting the temperature to 230C
C5 is after reaching temperature 230, do 5 cycles up and down the temperature.
• You can see from the log, the PID Autotune starting
• You will get results from the log below
• you can save the new PID settings by sending the following: M301 Pxxx Ixxx Dxxx (replace the xxx with the values you found)
• Than save to EEPROM use: M500

Cheers,
Vel678

Dear Vel678,

I assume with “Open the vertex Nano software” you mean Vertex Nano Repetier V1.6.2, right?

I’ve used this after having installing the FTDI USB-COM driver v2.12.26, connected the USB cable, but were unfortunately unable to establish a serial connection. In Repetier I choose have chosen the following Printer Settings: Connector: Serial, Port: COM4 (as shown in the device manager), Baud rate: 250000 or 9600, Transfer Protocol: ASCII, Reset on Emergency: Send emergency command, Receive Cache Size: 127, Communication Timeout 3s, No Ping-Pong ticked.

What is wrong? Why don’t I get a connection?

Is there any alternative via SDcard to follow this procedure? Could you send me a file for otpimizing the PID to print at 235° or 240°?

Your support would be much appreciated!

CU
Lino

Dear Vel678,

Further tracing via USBView let me think that the FTDI USB-COM driver v2.12.26 isn’t installed correctly due to a mismatch of the Vertex Nano VID & PID and the driver software: By manually updating the driver, “USB Serial Port” apprears in the device manager and seems to operate correctly, however, “USB Serial Converter” won’t show up and isn’t installable.

If the VID&PID don’t match, it’s likely the wrong driver… Which would be the right one?

I really need your support!

CU Lino

I have also tried “USB-SERIAL CH340” from the C:\Program Files\VertexNanoRepetier\driver. It installs smoothly and seems to run properly according to the device manager, however, the Repetier always says “Disconnected” :frowning:

Please help!
Lino

Finally, with the most recent driver version 3.4 from the chipset manufacturer (http://www.wch.cn/download/CH341SER_ZIP.html) I got in touch with the controller.

I performed the PID optimisation via M303 S230 C5, saved the new settings via M301, and stored it to EEPROM by M500.

However, the temperature always stays below 235 °C floating around ca. 231 °C and printing doesn’t start. The temp. controller goes briefly up to 235 °C but then switches off and the temperature dropps immediately.

What to do now?

So far, I’m not too amused about my Vertex nano, and I would expect some support from Velleman…

I have seen where 220C works well with ABS.
You should try it.

hello, i have the same problem

start print job
homing
heating up
going to start position… nothing happens !
it is heating and heating arround 230C but it is not starting to print.

i performed PID, nothing…

i flashed the firmware, nothing…

i try’d with SD Card and Software, nothing…

also not amused ! Burnd a lot of time for nothing

any help from vellemann ?

automatic homing, works !

also offset calibration.

but “Z” is still blinking on the display. maybe this is the reason while not printing ?

Hello operator666,

could you fix your problem and print with ABS in the meantime ?
If yes, how has you fixed it?

Since one week I have also a K8600 (my first 3d-printer) and it seems my printer has the same problems.

best regards
Burnum

Hi Velleman,

i have the same problem to load ABS.

The Temperature did not reach 235° stable.
Can it be a problem with PowerSupply?
It seams, that in the moment the Nano wants to start loading the LEDs going a little darker and the temperature is going down under 230°.

The only measurement that i have done is to take a look on the primary Powerconsumption.
in the moment of heating the consumtion on primary is round about 55W the Voltage on primary side is stable above 230VAC.

After 10min heating up and up again, ABS was loaded.
Same procedure to start print, round about 10min before start. Until printing the temperature moves between 227° and 236°. The temperature is set to 235°, using Velleman ABS Filament (ABS175N1).

Tunnelbremse

It seams, that in the moment the Nano wants to start loading the LEDs going a little darker and the temperature is going down under 230°.

The only measurement that i have done is to take a look on the primary Powerconsumption.
in the moment of heating the consumtion on primary is round about 55W the Voltage on primary side is stable above 230VAC.

After 10min heating up and up again, ABS was loaded.
Same procedure to start print, round about 10min before start. Until printing the temperature moves between 227° and 236°. The temperature is set to 235°, using Velleman ABS Filament (ABS175N1).

The result of Autotune is Kp 16.19 Ki 1.18 Kd 55.70
Values in the Configuration.h : Kp 100 Ki 6 Kd 400
I have entered: M301 P161 I11 D557 and M500
So it goes with me

Is there anyone who can confirm my result?
Can the service times what to say.