Stepper motor

Hi, Does anyone have specs [types and part numbers] for the motor specs? I do know that’s it has a 1.8 degree stepper action. I have fitted the K8204 Z axis rod and coupler. I’m thinking of replacing the Z stepper drive motor with one that’s suits the thread pitch of the K8204. Or can someone supply the correct procedure to adjust to suit the new thread pitch in the software? I’m not very computer literate, so easy to follow steps please. Thanks Don

Another thing I have done is to fit a 3 point adjustment to level the bed. Just 3mm drill a hole in both aluminum plates of the bed plates,and fit a 3mm screw and nuts on the top plate, put battery type coil springs [AA type are fine] in on the rear and front screws and refit the top bed plate putting the adjuster thumb wheels on to hold and adjust the level of the top plate. Its much easier to do 3 than 4 leveling positions.

Also fitted a small 4 pin plug on the heating bed. This makes it easy to remove the heater bed.

I have also fitted a 0.4mm Nozzle 3mm Filament Reprap J-head Hotend Bowden Extruder Tube fan for V6 Extruder[ about £25.00 on Ebay] and suitable small plugs for the electrical connections. Don’t forget to put a 12V DC supply for the cooling fan of the V6 extruder and also don’t forget to provide plugs for the extruder temperature probe. This also makes it easy to remove the complete extruder.

I hope the following info is useful to some people.
Thanks
Don

[quote=“crash69”]Hi, Does anyone have specs [types and part numbers] for the motor specs? I do know that’s it has a 1.8 degree stepper action. I have fitted the K8204 Z axis rod and coupler. I’m thinking of replacing the Z stepper drive motor with one that’s suits the thread pitch of the K8204. Or can someone supply the correct procedure to adjust to suit the new thread pitch in the software? I’m not very computer literate, so easy to follow steps please. Thanks Don
[/quote]

To get the correct steps/mm settings for the K8204 you can change them in the EEprom Setings under repetier.
If that is disabled you can do it manually by sending G-codes from the Repetier manual Tab.

You can also change the default value for the z steps/mm in the marlin firmware and recomplie/flash it.
If you do so. remember to reload the default EEprom values after flashing.

Another possibility is to flash your board with the Velleman 2.2.1 Firmware, which has the correct value “builtin”.
If you do so. remember to reload the default EEprom values after flashing.

HTH.

cheers,

Christian