Spiral vase feature

About the Spiral vase feature in Slic3r: I thought it would continuously (gradually) turn the Z-axis to avoid a visible seam, but it doesn’t work. I get a straight diagonal seam in my object.
Somebody experienced this feature?

To get this feature working you need to set the Perimeters parameter to 1. And Top solid layers to 0 and Infill density to 0.

Thanks Raby, but I made those settings. This was the result. Wall thickness of object is 0,4 and layer height 0,2. Printerhead went round 2 times per layer before next layer Z-movement.

Did you uncheck “Extra perimeters when needed”?

Yep… i did that.
But maybe the ‘seam position’? It’s set aligned.

Hi SVDV,

What filament did you print that clear/translucent part?

did you print with K8400? (heated bed?)

Unfortunately I have never tried the spiral feature, I also assumed it would continuously move the z-axis…

did you solve your problem?

Cheers,

Chris

No, didn’t try it again, but Slic3r is updated and I understand some more settings now…
It is transparant PETG. You don’t need a heated bed. I use 3dlac as glue.

I haven’t tried this with my K8400 yet.
But I did notice that in the configuration of Slic3r under Printer Settings --> Layers and Perimeters there is a drop down box under Advanced --> Seam Position you have a choice of Random / Nearest and Aligned maybe if change that setting to Random the seam my not show up so bad.

This is just a guess on my part.

Thanks, yes I knew. But just discovered that the automatically calculated extrusion width in Slic3r makes horrible blobs and zits. So now, with manually 0.35 mm the spiralize feature possibly will work. I’ll try some time.
At this moment busy discovering the modifying meshes feature in Slic3r and that’s a nice thing…

[quote=“svdv”]No, didn’t try it again, but Slic3r is updated and I understand some more settings now…
It is transparant PETG. You don’t need a heated bed. I use 3dlac as glue.[/quote]
Thanks for the info, i’ll get some of that to play with.