SOLVED: Endstop problems (not activating)

Hi,
I have just built the K8400 and have a problem with end-stop function.
When performing the “home” command from the operators panel for the first time the steppers continue to operate even after end-stops are reached.
The circuit boards have the red light on so power is there but the function is not. I haven’t upgraded firmware or made any alterations, the instructions on-line have been followed 100%.

Any ideas?

Check if the print head hits the pulleys when homing. If the head is stopped mechanically before the endstop is activated, you may have such a behavior.

Hi,
No the printhead assembly don’t hit the pulleys before the “pins” has gone through the sensors unfortunately.
Thanks for the tip though.

Right, I ran the system with the pulleys loose and activated the sensors with a screwdriver and it worked.
The problem must then be with the alignment of the belts and pulleys even though I cannot see what since the “pins” enter the sensors.
Back to realignment of this.

SOLVED:
It was the alignment that caused all problems. Very sensitive on this compared to my Printrbot simple Metal.

How did you align it properly?

I have (had) issues with this too.
This is the instruction from the assembly: 17. Tightening belts and pulleys
The Y belts are quite tight and I still have problems that the Y endstop can’t be reached. The motor belt starts jumping 5 mm before the stop. So I have prolonged the “pin” so that it stops a little earlier.

So, first try to readjust the alignment of the axes. Here is a similar thread: Calibration. How to fix it? - #5 by VERTEX-user - Vertex - Assembly and user manual - Whadda forum - Community Help and Support

When my printer was sufficiently aligned, I printed these to help improving the alignment:

So even after this alignment, I am not 100% satisfied with the alignment, but it works. I should double check the distance between the clamps sliding on the Y-rods, too.