Shifting prints (yes another thread)

Hello everyone, hoping to hear from Velleman support as well … I did my research and tried many of the suggestions on the following threads:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17543
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9893
3dhubs.com/talk/thread/k820 … g-sideways

Here is a picture of the problem:

Here is my story. I’ve had the printer for about 10 months. For the first few months / 50-60 hours I got perfect prints. The next 50-60 hours roughly I got a few odd shifts. For the last 100 or so hours of printing it got progressively worse. Now I get shifted prints almost every time.

Other diagnostic clues:

• The printer is stock, no mods
  • I never use the heated bed, print PLA only
  • No errors in log
  • Belts seem OK, no obvious defects
  • No pattern to shifted prints, it’ll shift after 2 minutes or after 6+ hours
  • It’ll shift printing tall and slim objects or wide flat objects
  • If I restart the exact same print, it’ll likely produce it no problem / no shifting
  • Lately getting worse
  • Tried to reset print settings to default, slow down extruder heads to < 40

Thanks in advance!

I have had this problem on and off. Yesterday back again. As I had just set Reference voltage on X Y Z drivers I checked again. X and Y - too high. Reset to (I think 0.6 V Meter is getting a bit unreliable and ancient - 40 something) Problem disappeared. Will have to get a replacement meter. Maybe nothing - based on 1 instance but worth trying.

To me the phenomenon looks very close to the problem I struggled with during a long time. Because it did not always happen
it was difficult to find the reason.

http://forum.velleman.eu/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16375

You can test this by guiding the feeding the extruder by hand, so that no filament is pulled from the spool by the extruder.

What do you use for the lubrification of the axis? I had a shifting problem because I used some silicon oil that make a small coat and make a small resistance with result shifting when the head move quickly.

hope it might help you

Arthur

Look at your picture it looks like the print was doing good up until the end.
Have you checked the reference voltage?
The driver card might be getting a little warm.
0.55 works very well.
If that is not the issue what about the temp in your room.
If it’s getting warmer over time that will cause the drivers to over heat as well.