Sharing Slicer Settings K8400

Hi!
I’ve been printing with my stock K8400 for about a month now. Very satisfied with it, but could always be better :slight_smile: Does anyone got optimized slicer settings for cura in repetier host? Or is the best thing to use the default settings and just tweak these a little bit?
Anyone else noticed a plastic-against-plastic sound when Y-axis moving during print? Cant seem to locate it…

Anybody??

I think you will find that in the default settings both the temperature and flow rate are too high. What I suggest you do is print a 20x20x 120mm box without a lid and start at a low temperature and increase it every 10mm in height. That way you can determine the optimum temperature for the best print but remember it will vary depending upon what filament you use.

When you have done that print the same box but only 20mm high and with a wall thickness that is a complete multiple of your nozzle diameter, For example if you were using a 0.4mm nozzle then have the wall thickness something like 1.2mm, 1.6mm or 2mm. When it is printed check all of the external dimensions and the wall thickness. If it is too high or too thick reduce the flow rate by 5%.

As a general rule I tend to print PLA at about 195 with a flow rate of around 75%

Thank you rrekwa :slight_smile: Very good suggestion!

[quote=“Rio83”]Hi!
I’ve been printing with my stock K8400 for about a month now. Very satisfied with it, but could always be better :slight_smile: Does anyone got optimized slicer settings for cura in repetier host? Or is the best thing to use the default settings and just tweak these a little bit?
Anyone else noticed a plastic-against-plastic sound when Y-axis moving during print? Cant seem to locate it…[/quote]

I think this is a very good idea. Especially for other slicer software than cura.

For cura i use pretty much the stock settings, i just adjusted the temp to the suggested temperature printed on my filament spool and i added this to the end code:

G28 X Y ; Home XY

In slicer (standalone, not in repetier) i run in to a bit of trouble. I used the setup wizard. In small parts, the infill is too much in small parts and for some reason the first layer is printed with a much finer infill than the following ones. Does anybody have useful slic3r settings?

I would like to use slic3r instead of repetier because of integrated octoprint support and more options with infill and support structures.