Settings for Gmail or Skynet smtp in VM204

I inserted own email address (different from sender address) in the notification field.

The instructions seem clear enough. smtp.gmail.com, email address and password filled in correctly. TLS ticked, port 587, also tried 465. But authentication fails. Could it be a router firewall problem? I’m using an AVM7390 adsl router. When I look in the Iphone Gmail account, it uses SSL and port 465. But AFAIK, the VM204 cannot use SSL.

I also have Skynet. Does that work and with which settings? I’m in Sweden and tried relay.skynet.be with port 587, TLS on. doesn’ work. I get error message 520. That is however. the recommended setting. Lost…

My google mail account had this message:

[b]Google just blocked someone from signing into your Google Account xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com from an app that may put your account at risk.

Less secure app
Sunday, September 25, 2016 4:02 PM (Central European Summer Time)
Sweden*
Don’t recognize this activity?
If you didn’t recently receive an error while trying to access a Google service, like Gmail, from a non-Google application, someone may have your password.

SECURE YOUR ACCOUNT

Google will continue to block sign-in attempts from this app because it has known security problems or is out of date. You can learn how to change your settings to allow access to less secure apps, but this may leave your account vulnerable.
[/b]

I did opt for less security but still could not send a mail using the test function on the AVM604

Question to Velleman support: Which settings have you used for Gmail since you have said that Gmail can be used for notifications with the VM204?

can someone give me the correct settings for gmail because I keep getting an error 207 or error 100

or alternatively one solution is also good

I am Dutch-language and have it translated with google translator

can someone give me the correct settings for gmail because I keep getting an error 207 or error 100

or alternatively one solution is also good

I am Dutch-language and have it translated with google translator

Before setting your account please disable the boot notification.

I’ve tested it with my personal gmail account these settings worked.
imgur.com/a/SV4MZ

Be aware if you’re using 2 factor authentication, you’ll need to generate an app password.

VEL337

no result gives error code 100 what does this say?

[quote=“VEL337”]Before setting your account please disable the boot notification.

I’ve tested it with my personal gmail account these settings worked.
imgur.com/a/SV4MZ

[color=#FFFF00]Be aware if you’re using 2 factor authentication, you’ll need to generate an app password.[/color]

VEL337[/quote]

what do you mean by it in the yellow-colored text

If you don’t know what 2 factor authentication is, you probably haven’t enable this security feature.
You don’t have to worry about that.

Just to be sure. Do you need to enter a code generated from your phone or via sms after you enter your password when you login in your gmail account? If so 2 factor authentication is enabled.

it still not working i have error code 100 what is it mean ?