Second extruder and nozzle optional?

Hello I am totally new to 3d printing, never owned and experienced a 3d printer and I am considering to get the k4800. So I took a look on this page

vertex3dprinter.eu/#extruder
vertex3dprinter.eu/#nozzle

and they are talking about that the second extruder and nozzle are optional. So here are my questions!

[]why do I need a second extruder and nozzle? Does that mean I can’t print with 2 colors if I am not enabled/owning a second one?
[
]do I need to purchase additional extruder/nozzle and if yes where do I get those?

Thanks in advance for your kind help : ) Also apologizes if I posted in the wrong subforum!

Hi,

You need a second nozzle if you will to print with 2 colors at the same time (which is not an easy job to get good results).

Now you can buy the Vertex with 2 extruders (you can find it [color=#408040]here[/color]. Second extruder alone seems to be out of stock.

hey raby, thank you for you reply.

Gotcha but what exactly do you mean second extruder seems to be out of stock? You mean if I would buy a single extruder?

Also does the link which you gave me come with a second nozzle? It doesn’t look so : P so I guess I need to purchase a additional nozzle?

Thanks in advance

You can purchase the kit with one or two extruders. The link I gave you is the kit with 2 extruders. Here is the [color=#408040]link [/color]for the printer with one extruder. If you buy a kit with one extruder and later want to install a second one you’ll have to buy the second extruder kit later.