RepetierHost Software - Configuration

Hello,

as RepetierHost is the software of choice as Velleman tells us, I’m a bit surprised that there is so few information about it.
So I just want to ask all of you to collect any information that can be useful at some times. The manual here is not complete repetier.com/documentation/r … iguration/

So I will start just randomly - later we may build up a kind of FAQ-table or even some manual.

In order to speak “the same language” please use the correct English terms. So switch shortly to “Language English” in order to see how things a called in English before posting here.
1. Menu Config / Printer Settings - tab Connection
There are the options “Reset on Connect”
Q: What can be used there? Only disable (proofed to work)? What is possible and what would be best for ourt Vertex ?

2. Menu Config / Printer Settings - tab Printer
Park Position - I’ve set this to 200,200,2.
As I understand it the front left (top) corner is 0,0(,0), right? The starting position to that is autohomed is 200,200,0, right?

When I’m trying to move manually (Tab manual control in RepetierHost on the right) autohoming to one axis x,y,z also works as it should.
BUT if I’m trying to move manually sometimes nothing happens except the number that resembles the position increases. When I reach around 190-200 I can now move in the other direction. So the question is:
Q: How can the position of the manual control be set so manually movement ist working correctly?
A: You have to set Printer settings / Printer shape. There you have to set HomeX/HomeY to Max and HomeZ to Min

3. Menu Config / Printer Settings - tab Extruder
Just to make sure we should use “Diameter”=0.35?

4. Menu Config / Printer Settings - tab Printer Shape
What dimensions do you setup there?
Because I have still some problems with my alignement I’ve reduced the size but it would be interesting what you use.
So xmin,xmax,bed lieft I have 0 200 10
xmin,ymax,bed front I have 10 190 10
PrintArea width 200
PrintArea Depth 200
Height 185

5. Menu Config / Printer Settings - tab Advanced
The manual tells us that we can use some additional software to modify the G-code.

Q: Do you know some programms to modify the G-code? If not what kind of idea could be made possible wiht this (Manual tells about filtering)?

[quote=“I_go_3D”]
5. Menu Config / Printer Settings - tab Advanced
The manual tells us that we can use some additional software to modify the G-code.

Q: Do you know some programms to modify the G-code? If not what kind of idea could be made possible wiht this (Manual tells about filtering)?[/quote]

I can tell you that my previous printer (CEL Robox) had to make extensive use of this facility, as they had twin needle valve nozzles, so instead of retraction they issued their own commands to shut off the nozzles and to use the larger nozzle to infill. Last time I looked they were still having a lot of problems with it. The gcode was much larger as a result of their post processing.

Hi everybody!
I take this topic again, because I have troubles to understand the difference beteen the Settings which “Biscuitlad” mentioned and mine setting which I figured out by myself.

After update to Repetier Host 1.6.2, all settings seems to mixed up on my machine…
So I took the chance to optimize all settings and learn the meaning of each.

My Print-Settings (TAB Printer Shape) are as follows:

xmin,xmax,bed left 0 200 10
xmin,ymax,bed front 0 180 20
PrintArea width 200
PrintArea Depth 180
Height 190

It works well for ONE PRINTHEAD config, I created a little stl which shows me the max dimensions. So I can easely fund out the bedsize and the Originpoint.

If you want this stl too, I uploaded it here in Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1543089

So I wonder what is the difference between his settings and mine? Seems to work both…

What Settings do YOU have?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen
René [Maexchen] Erdenberger

══════════════════════════════════---- – -- - - - -
Zitat des Tages:

Wenn am Anfang alles schief geht, nenne es Version 1.0!
(unbekannt)
════════════════════════════════---------- - - - - - - - - - - -