Repetier, Y U NO show real print area limits?

Why does Repetier-Host show the entire physical K8400 print bed instead of just the printable area? I’ve wasted much time and filament on prints that, while safely sized within the K8400’s stated build dimensions, fail because I can’t tell where to exactly center them on the build plate. As a result, lines of filament that should be parallel build up on top of each other instead, blocking the extruder in a belt-grinding frenzy. So how do I find out exactly the correct 180x200mm rectangle, within the full bed shown on screen, which is the actual print area?

More usefully, if anyone’s taking suggestions, change Repetier to show ONLY the useful print area instead of the useless whole physical build plate.

[quote=“Volguus”]…change Repetier to show ONLY the useful print area instead of the useless whole physical build plate.[/quote]This was raised several months ago, it won’t get fixed for Velleman. There is a black dot, but only one! But I believe if you switch over to Cura you can define your print area exactly for both heads. You’re aware also, I take it, of the bug when you try to position something for the 2nd extr to print in single extruder mode? It will always centre it after slicing, no matter where you positioned it.

It seems that there is at least a partial address of this in Repetier, at the “Printer Shape” tab under “Print Settings”, but I can’t get my hear around the math just yet. I suppose if I screencap the default settings, I can always experiment.

As is, I roughly found the print area to start 40mm from left and 20mm from front of the physical build plate edge, by printing something too big and measuring the truncated rectangle made by the skirt. We’ll see if I can get it any better.

[quote=“Volguus”]As is, I roughly found the print area to start 40mm from left and 20mm from front of the physical build plate edge, by printing something too big and measuring the truncated rectangle made by the skirt. We’ll see if I can get it any better.[/quote]Why print? Just move your head as far in each direction as it will go and measure it. If you’ve got two heads, make sure you get the measurements for both.

look at this sollution

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=14293&p=66059#p66059