Repetier host settings k8400

Hey,

after I installed windows 10 on my PC I had to reinstall repetier host. I forgot to write down all my settings and now I’m too stupid to get my printer printing…
I had no problems the last 4 months. I don’t remember how to set the values in the software. So I just used some I thought they might be possible.
But after slicing the object, the buildplate first moves to the home-position, then it moves about 10 mm down (i don’t know why?) and then the printer waits till the buildplate reaches 50°C. But I don’t have a tempered buildplate…so it is waiting forever :frowning:

Can you please help me to get my printer printing again?
Here are my settings (I hope you can open the images):

dropbox.com/sh/xi45cgoxuuk6 … eUSNa?dl=0

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english :slight_smile:

I tried to find this topic in the forum but I wasn’t sucessful…

Did you install the Vertex version from the Velleman website or one from the Repetier website?(It seems the latest as this one is configured to use a heated bed).
The Velleman version is pre-configured for the Vertex. Install it and everything will be fine. You can download it by clicking here.

Hey,

Thank you for the fast answer!
I first downloaded it from the original website. After i saw that the settings aren’t correct i downloaded it from the velleman site (same like your link) but the settings were the same…maybe i didn’t uninstall everything before reinstalling. After that i installed the software on the pc of a flatmate and finally the settings have been perfectly for the k8400.
Now i just have to copy all the settings to my pc…
I’m happy again :wink:

Thanks!

[quote=“BeCreative_01”]Thanks![/quote]You’re welcome. Happy printing !

Hi, I have the same problem with my printer. I download the repetier from here: vertex3dprinter.eu/support/downloads

After the install I tried to print, but the problem still the same. What should i do?

Thx!

[quote=“abotos87”]I download the repetier from here: vertex3dprinter.eu/support/downloads
[/quote]Is it a first install or did you install another version before?

[quote=“abotos87”] but the problem still the same.[/quote]What problem exactly?

Hi, this is the first install on this pc. I didn’t connect the printer to the pc because i didn’t connect to my laptop earlier and its works.

My exact problem is: "Hey,

after I installed windows 10 on my PC I had to reinstall repetier host. I forgot to write down all my settings and now I’m too stupid to get my printer printing…
I had no problems the last 4 months. I don’t remember how to set the values in the software. So I just used some I thought they might be possible.
But after slicing the object, the buildplate first moves to the home-position, then it moves about 10 mm down (i don’t know why?) and then the printer waits till the buildplate reaches 50°C. But I don’t have a tempered buildplate…so it is waiting forever :("

Sorry for my english :slight_smile:

You can download and in stall the package from this link.
http://www.vertex3dprinter.eu/downloads/files/vertex/software/vertex-3d-printer-repetier-host-1-0-6.zip

You will need to unzip it then install it.
It has the drivers as part of it.

Once you get it installed start the program.
You may want too make the following changes.
Click on the slicer tab.
Click on configuration.
On the left panel click on Extrusion
Change the following.
Retraction = 4mm
Retractions Speed = 110mm

Next click on Filament
Change Print Temp = 190C
This is a good starting point for PLA.
Make sure the bed temp is set to 0C

You can also look through this link.
http://manuals.velleman.eu/category.php?id=6

On the velleman download page I found only a Windows download for Repetier.
But on the Repetier page I also found one for linux.
Now I can run the software, but don’t have the presets. Where can I get them from?

I managed to extract some settings form the windows installer. But I have the feeling it is not everything.
Here is the docker file of how I currently prepare the application:
ipfs.io/ipfs/QmZAQ756abdAxJcHr5 … JL7qQa5ghU
If you improve it, please also share it.