Repetier/Cura vs. Simplify3D

I am curious about your experiences. I make fine prints with Repetier/Cura but also like to use Simplify3D because of the extended infill and support possibilities. But for sometime I am struggling with S3D to get te right settings. I use the optimized S3D settings from Jakemog22. Look at the pictures of the same object with Cura and with S3D. With the same settings Cura prints about two times longer than S3D, but the S3D result is less strong, more transparent and more flexible.

For Repetier/Cura I use the Fix for the extruder steps from H60 so I print with 100% flow. The optimized S3D settings uses 78% and I experimented with higher flow but it doesn’t change much.

Could it be that the fix for Repetier interferes wrong with the S3D settings? Or do you think this problem has it’s cause someweher else?

Thanks

It looks like underextrusion, but you can also try al slower printspeed for the infill

The second image has the traces a bit to far apart. Extrusion looks ok but check nozzle diameter?

Hello,
I experience exactly the same.
With Cura, the parts are full and well finished.
With S3D they look ‘lean’ or ‘dry’ (how to say it ?). I played with some parameters (including the infill overlap) but results are not as good.
Did you find a magic trick ?
Tx
Benoit

Hi,
did you check this with S3D support?
Normally they reply within 1 or 2 days.

Further more, they have a new section on their block with a set of
problem solvings.

Maybe this will help you

Best
Frank

I have no problems with Simplify3D. Have been using it for a long time now and my prints turn out good. However there is one thing that is bugging me with it and it is the only thing i have to complain on it and that is that there is no way to set the speed for printing the infill in it. It uses the default printspeed to print the infill and at times you do want to have the ability to control the printspeed for infill. As long as you know that Simplify3D is a very good piece of software. Their support is awesome cant praise them enouph for that.

// Marlark

[quote=“svdv”]I make fine prints with Repetier/Cura

[/quote]

Please, Can you post some screenshots of your settings in Repetier / Cura