Ramps 1.4 Firmware

I am currently in the process my k8200 to use a ramps 1.4 board. Everything works except for the thermistor readings. It is out putting 0 except for half a second when you restart the printer when it outputs the actual temperature. If anyone would be able to help me fix this or has the ramps 1.4 firmware and would be willing to share it that would be amazing. I am currently using the firmware from thinkering.de except that I changed the thermistors from 1 to 5.
-Ben

I was able to make the RAMPS 1.4 board work with my K8200, but I was using the K8203 extruder and had a few other modifications. I believe thermistor Type 5 is correct.

One change you may need to make that may not be obvious is to define the MOTHERBOARD in Configuration.h. This should be set for RAMPS 1.4 with one extruder, a cooling fan, and a bed heater - BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB. (Available motherboard types are defined in Boards.h)

#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB

I posted a thread about converting for RAMPS 1.4 when I added a second extruder, discussing all the changes I had to make. Some of the parameters I changed will be different for your printer, but maybe this write-up will help.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16560#p77422

Any time you make changes to the firmware, you will want to reset the EEPROM settings, otherwise the changes may not take effect and the printer may behave erratically. You can use the printer control panel to first send an “M502” command, followed by an “M500” command to restore firmware defaults and write them into EEPROM memory, respectively.

Here is the link to the Marlin git repository that I used: github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/RC/Marlin

Hope this helps!

Thank you I did not know how to reset the eeprom so i will try this later when I get home.

He Dr. Vegetable,
I was not successful in using the m502 and m500 commands with the firmware that I was using. I then tried your firmware method by following your steps and still no luck. Maybe you could send me your firmware and i could edit it for my printer?
Thanks for the help,
Ben

In order to run reset eeprom using m502 and m500 commands you need in “configuration.h” uncomment this line : //#define EEPROM_SETTINGS // K8200: uses EEPROM by default.
After that load firmware to board an will run m502 and m500.