Ramps 1,4 Firmware

Does anyone have a marlin version modded for ramps 1.4 and standard k8200 layout? Or near standard?

Would really help me out!

I don’t have that, but I did configure the standard Marlin distribution for a RAMPS 1.4 with a heavily modified K8200.

[viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16560#p77422](http://forum.velleman.eu/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16560#p77422)

There wasn’t much to change. Start with a fresh copy of the Marlin sources…

[github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/RC/Marlin](https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/RC/Marlin)

…and edit Configuration.h to tell it your board type (RAMPS 1.4) and configuration (Extruder, Fan, Bed.)

#define BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB      43   // RAMPS 1.4 (Power outputs: Extruder, Fan, Bed)

You also need to edit a few other settings for the K8200. Look for the following lines and make them look like this:

[code]#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 5 // was 1
#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_3 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 5 // was 1

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {64.25,64.25,2560,600} // default steps per unit for ultimaker
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 50, 500} // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {9000,9000,100,10000} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 1000 // was 3000 // X, Y, Z and E acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 1000 // was 3000 // E acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts[/code]

You may optionally want to set DISABLE_Z to true so you can adjust the Z axis by hand during a print job. You can also tell the firmware that it is OK to go beyond what it thinks are the limits of motion:

[code]#define DISABLE_Z true

#define min_software_endstops false // was true. If true, axis won’t move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.
#define max_software_endstops false // was true. If true, axis won’t move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.[/code]

If any of your motors turn the wrong way, change true<–>false for the affected axes:

[code]// Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.
#define INVERT_X_DIR true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR true
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true

// For direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false.
#define INVERT_E0_DIR false[/code]

That should cover all the settings for a stock K8200.

Thank you so much that is awesome!

I´ve got some new problems now that i´ve come a bit further!

When i try to home either X or Y axis the motors just starts to scream. very loud!!! and the bed is not moving… and they do not stop until i hit the endstop. i could make a video if you want!?
if i try to home Z axis i get the message “echo:busy: processing busy: processing”

and the second problem… I can turn on my bed and heat it up. but it takes forever. anything i can do about that?

Please and thank you!

There are a lot of things that can be wrong to cause that symptom.

1.) Check that the grub screws are tight on the gears attached to your X and Y motor shafts - are the shafts turning but not moving the gears?
2.) Check belt tension - are the gears turning but not moving the belts? Too loose or too tight can both be a problem.
3.) Check belt alignment - are the belts binding somewhere or can you move the x,y table by hand?
4.) Check/adjust the reference voltage on your stepper driver cards. For the stock drivers, you probably want a 0.55v setting.
5.) Check all motor wiring. With the power OFF, unplug and re-seat all motor connectors.
6.) Issue the following two g-code commands to your printer from the Repetier print control panel: “M502;” followed by “M500;” This will make sure the Arduino has the correct factory defaults written into its EEPROM table.
7.) Measure the 12v supply voltage going into the RAMPs board to make sure it doesn’t sag when you try to move the motors. Make sure both voltage input connector pairs have adequate voltage.

I am not sure what would cause the “busy processing” message. I have not seen that one before.

The bed does take a long time to reach temperature when you use the standard setup with the 12V supply. On my K8200s I use relays to switch a 24v supply for the bed heater. This makes the bed heat much faster and also takes a lot of load off of the 12v printer power supply. You can find a few good ways to do this in the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=9598

Good luck…