Questions about the VM201 module

Hi,
I’m really interested to buy the VM201 ethernet card controler and his DIN box. However i have some questions about this module.
To start, I would like to know if is it possible to change the channel names (relay 1, relay 2, …) which there are display in a web browser. I’ve saw that it seems to be possible on the iphone software.
Secondly, I would like to manage the relays output with a daily clock operating, but i’ve saw that it’s not possible to set this function during the sundays, why ?
Also, is it possible to restart the supply of the card one times per week (or 2 weeks) (to ensure a better operating) without to lose the settings ?
In fact, i have planned to manage 3 pumps and 3 solenoid valves with this card for the moment. So this VM201 module will be almost 365 days per year power on. Does it good for the operating stability ?

Best regards,
Fab_26

[quote]To start, I would like to know if is it possible to change the channel names (relay 1, relay 2, …) which there are display in a web browser. I’ve saw that it seems to be possible on the iphone software.[/quote]Channel names can be changed and the changes will be visible in the iOS app and web browser.

[quote]Secondly, I would like to manage the relays output with a daily clock operating, but i’ve saw that it’s not possible to set this function during the sundays, why ?[/quote]A timer can be set for every sunday.

[quote]Also, is it possible to restart the supply of the card one times per week (or 2 weeks) (to ensure a better operating) without to lose the settings ?[/quote]The settings will not be lost. But to avoid any language problems, what do you understand by “settings”?

[quote]In fact, i have planned to manage 3 pumps and 3 solenoid valves with this card for the moment. So this VM201 module will be almost 365 days per year power on. Does it good for the operating stability ?[/quote]But you were going to restart it every 2 weeks?..

Hi,
Thanks for your quick answer. Concerning the restart, i would like to replace the hardware reset jumper or button by a switch clock to perform a reset one time per week. But I’ve saw in another topic that all the relays which are on the “ON” position will be “OFF” just after the system restart, so what about with a reset ?
Concerning the long operating duration, I just intend to know if the system is stable (stay at a normal temperature, not hot)

I have another question concerning the power supply, cause I can see in the technical specifications that it’s require a 12 Vac and 500mA power supply. But I guess that I can also add a 12 Vdc power supply ? I would like to build the system with this supply: Power supply for DIN rail 12 V/DC / 2.0 A / 24 W Siemens SITOP PSU100C, is it possible ?

[quote]But I’ve saw in another topic that all the relays which are on the “ON” position will be “OFF” just after the system restart, so what about with a reset?[/quote]After a reset, all relais will be off

[quote]Concerning the long operating duration, I just intend to know if the system is stable (stay at a normal temperature, not hot)[/quote]The VM201 can stay on 24/7

[quote]I have another question concerning the power supply, cause I can see in the technical specifications that it’s require a 12 Vac and 500mA power supply. But I guess that I can also add a 12 Vdc power supply ? I would like to build the system with this supply: Power supply for DIN rail 12 V/DC / 2.0 A / 24 W Siemens SITOP PSU100C, is it possible?[/quote]Power supply can be AC or DC

Hi,
I have recently tested my VM201 module, it works fine. However i have many questions about the firmware.
When i type the local ip adress on a web browser, i can see a page in (.html) with all the settings, but how is it possible to embed this with a PIC18F which is programing in C ?
Does the .bin file of the module contain the html pages and the communications protocole of the VM201 ?
And i’m wondering if is it possible to translate (in french) the language of the html pages by changing the source code or the .bin file or any other file (is it possible to obtain the source code of this project, i mean, can i buy the file source code ?).
Sorry if my question are not appropriate, but i’m new to this project.
Otherwise it’s a very good module, easy to use, very complete.

Best regards
Fab_26

Hi,

i link to this post… my question is: absolutelly i have to power supply the module with battery 12vdc and i cannot use 12vac.
Someone confirm that with 12vdc the module works fine?

Other question is the timer is included in the board module or is manage via software? I explain well. if i set the timer for ex switch on relay 1 at 12:00 and i disconnect the lan after the setting, the timer keep works or not? It need absolutelly the lan connected with the software?

Thanks in advance…

You can use 12Vac or 12Vdc for the power supply.
The card must always be connected to the lan because it uses a timeserver from the internet for the clock.

[quote=“VEL324”]You can use 12Vac or 12Vdc for the power supply.
The card must always be connected to the lan because it uses a timeserver from the internet for the clock.[/quote]

Thanks for the quick answer…

ok for the power supply…

about timer, the board haven’t got a internal clock??? in this case you mean which if i use a private network without internet connection the timer doesn’t work?

Thanks

Dear all,
To grant a relative easy maintenance of your applications you should keep intelligence coding etc… central rather than morcelated on several spots. In the case of using the Vm201 you can easily address Relays by Id rather than using them by name. When Vm201 looses its config for whatever reason, it could become painful to restore the config as it was before. (I mean was a Relay on or off at the crash moment ?, Timing remaining to run etc…) In my situation, I keep intelligence and configurations central to drive the many cards connected on the Lan.A portion of my network is Private too and is not supposed to be addressed by unauthorised people. I use a secondary router and also create a Private fragmentation of the main lan to drive the Vm201.
Most of the devices (cards) are connected to this Private lan . To grant an Outside access to internet, you can use the Wan port of this secondary router as input. Simply make a wire connection coming from your primary router and the primary router DHCP delivers a IP. As pointed by Velleman Support V324, the timeserver of Vm201 requires internet to update the Clock.My config works fine and my Vm201 update his clock properly.
A properly config of the primary router will grant you to access the webservers who drives all the cards attached to the private one, but that’s an other story.

Hope this help
Foxy