Question about a multi relay set up - K6714-16 and MK139

Presently, I have several lamps wired into the K6714-16 with the relays being actuated by the K8049/K8050 IR remote receive and transmit units.

I have the mini-kit MK139 clap on and off switch. What I want to do is incorporate this switch so it will turn on and off one of the lamps in conjunction with the remote control. So it will be like an OR switch. The light can be turned on and off using the clap or the remote.

I appreciate I cant have 230v going through the MK139. what would be the best way to approach this? i was thinking of having the lamp connected to two relays on the K6714-16, ensuring the relays are set to rotary output with one being energized from the K8050 and the other from the clap relay. Problem being i think, will there be a momentary loss of power, say the light is on using the remote, a clap then activates the 2nd relay but for a nanosecond both relays will be off. Also, in this scenario, to switch the lamp off, i’d have to clap once to supply power from the relay being activated by the MK139 and then clap again to switch the lamp off.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MK139 and K6717 has the same relais type’s.
You can put there outputs “in parrallel”

[quote=“VEL456”]MK139 and K6717 has the same relais type’s.
You can put there outputs “in parrallel”[/quote]

I realize they are the same relays however i was told that a max of 24v is to be used on the mini-kits for safety reasons. By putting the relays outputs in parallel with each other, how could you switch off the light if the other one is energized. They would have to come off the rotary outputs which is not ideal as I’d also like the lamp on and I’m using the rotary outputs for something else. Using independent outputs to the relays, both would have to be switched off to turn the light off surely?

There is only one way to make this work:
http://www.velleman.eu/images/tmp/hotelcircuit.JPG
(please allow 1h for server refresh).

[quote=“VEL417”]There is only one way to make this work:
http://www.velleman.eu/images/tmp/hotelcircuit.JPG
(please allow 1h for server refresh).[/quote]

Very clever, very eloquent nt thank you. Not being an electrical engineer these things don’t come naturally to me. I’m assuming the two relays in the drawing are on the K6714-16 board, with the2nd one being energised from the clap minikit?
Cheers

Does not matter.
You could also use one from the K6714 and one from the MK139.

[quote=“VEL417”]Does not matter.
You could also use one from the K6714 and one from the MK139.[/quote]

Ok thanks. but why does the MK139 say 24volts max when it is the same relay as the 6714 board?

Because it is a minikit.
Minikits are bought by 12 year olds and complete novices.
It is a safety issue.

[quote=“VEL417”]Because it is a minikit.
Minikits are bought by 12 year olds and complete novices.
It is a safety issue.[/quote]

Ok thanks.