Question 1 : speed / rate of aquisition of K8055 - VM110

Dear All,

i am happy to be among you to discuss and exchange experiences!

Please, I am building an experiment to my students, and we have to aquire data from a detector, and we want to douo it at a high frequency (µs or even less)

do you have an idea about the aquistion rate of the 2 boards? (k8055 and vm110)?
i think that for the k8055 it is few ms, isn"t it?

do you have any proposition of your products that can be fast enough?

thank you

amayas

[quote]do you have an idea about the aquistion rate of the 2 boards? (k8055 and vm110)?
i think that for the k8055 it is few ms, isn"t it?[/quote]Yes, it is 10ms. Please see also this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7392

[quote]do you have any proposition of your products that can be fast enough?[/quote]Only the PC oscilloscopes can sample µs or even less.
E.g.
PCSU1000 - sampling interval down to 0.02µs.
PCSGU250 - sampling interval down to 0.04µs.

Dear All,

Thank you VEL255 for your answer.
I am advancing in my knowlege and the use of Step motors.

Now, i am asking the question if i can use the VM110 with the motor i am going to acquire (oddmix.com/elec/mot_st_copal_sp57.html) but it seems that some motors need as much as 3 A of currant.

but, searching in the user manual of the VM110, i didn’t get the currant it can provide (is it the 100mA / 40V of the analog output?)

if yes, is there any way to increas the output currant?

thank you for your answers

amayas

[quote=“VEL255”][quote]do you have an idea about the aquistion rate of the 2 boards? (k8055 and vm110)?
i think that for the k8055 it is few ms, isn"t it?[/quote]Yes, it is 10ms. Please see also this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7392

[quote]do you have any proposition of your products that can be fast enough?[/quote]Only the PC oscilloscopes can sample µs or even less.
E.g.
PCSU1000 - sampling interval down to 0.02µs.
PCSGU250 - sampling interval down to 0.04µs.[/quote]

[quote]Now, i am asking the question if i can use the VM110 with the motor i am going to acquire (oddmix.com/elec/mot_st_copal_sp57.html) but it seems that some motors need as much as 3 A of currant.[/quote]The motor current exceeds the specifications for the digital output of the VM110: max 50V/100mA.

[quote]but, searching in the user manual of the VM110, i didn’t get the currant it can provide (is it the 100mA / 40V of the analog output?)[/quote]The analog outputs can provide 0 to 5V. The output resistance is 1.5 kilo ohms. Max output current about 3mA.
The PWM outputs are open collector outputs max 100mA / 40V.

Here two examples how user is driving stepping motors with the K8055/VM110 card:

roevalley.com/newsbrowser/v- … tepper.htm
roevalley.com/newsbrowser/v- … wostep.htm