Program the K8055 with your mouse

Dear reader.

For many people it is not easy to program the K8055. Therefore I’ve written a program to easy program your K8055.
Programming is a matter of selecting conditions and actions.

Selectable conditons are:
In Digital 1 – 5 / In Analog A1 - A2 0 – 255 / Time hour-minute-second every day of the week / Timers. 0 – 7
Memory 0 – 7 / Function keys F1 – F8 / Variants A, B or C from 0 – 255.

Selectable actions are:
Out Digital 1 – 5 / Out Analog A1 - A2 0 - 255 / Preset Timers from 1 second tot 1 minute.
Set or Reset Timers / Set of Reset Memory 0 – 7 / Set, Increase or Decrease Variants A, B of C.

The program and the manual are Dutch only at this moment. For programming however it is’nt a big issue I think.
Download and manual http://www.edutechsoft.nl/progeasy.html
Screenshots http://www.edutechsoft.nl/proscher.html

Have fun programming.
H. Boorsma.

11 november 2009

• Now you can select a sound as action.
  • Some bugs are fixed.
  • Tested with an added PCI parallel card.
  • Now you can edit the Parallel port address.
  • When asked for by 3 or more I’ll make the manual avaiable in English.

Hello H. Boorsma, I would be interested in an English Version if you get time :slight_smile:

[quote=“HOB”]

• When asked for by 3 or more I’ll make the manual avaiable in English.[/quote]

Come on guys, register your interest in an English version, I have used this program to the best I can translate and its fantastic with the K8055 :slight_smile:

Makes programing very simple.

Dear reader,

some people have mailed me directly to ask for an English manual.

At this moment I’m working on it. First I’ll translate the manual and maybe later the program.

When the manual is ready I’ll let you know by this topic…

Merry Christmas.

For those waiting for the English manual, it is available now.

http://www.edutechsoft.nl/Elektro/EasyProgIntFace/EasyProgIntFace%20Manual.pdf

The program itself wilt be translated later. It’s not a big issue I think.

I want to apologize for my English, hope it isn’t to bad.

Let the Light shine…

Great job with the Manual, thanks heaps :wink:

Cant wait for the English version of the Prog.

PS your other programs are also great, keep up the good work :smiley:

Dear reader.

In the software you can select English as language now. The last setting will be remembered.

Screenshots http://www.edutechsoft.nl/proscher.html
Download http://www.edutechsoft.nl/progeasy.html#download (10 may 2010 minor update 3 picture files added)
Manual PDF http://www.edutechsoft.nl/Elektro/EasyProgIntFace/EasyProgIntFace%20Manual.pdf

New options are…

• English supported.
  • Wheelmouse supported.
  • The + in the conditonfield is replaced by the &. In our country the + indicates the OR funtion.
  • Timers can be set at 1/10 sec.
  • Some bugfixes.
  • The NOT function is added for digital inputs.
  • WAV sounds can be played as an action.
  • Bug in parallel port solved.
  • The adres for the parallel port can be set. (For PCI parallel port cards.)
  • One conditon can serve several actions.
  • The screen can be set to full screen. First maximize and then click resize. (Beta)

Well done and many thanks HOB, that is a great program and I am sure i will be able to put the K8055 to work very soon on my solar project. It looks like there are quite a few options in the program to monitor and control things without me trying to learn about programming in VB6.

Great Program HOB ,top marks ! . I do have a problem ,the program graphic
size is to big for the window and the resize option in the program is just out of reach though I did manage to move it over once enough to activate it. I have tried all the windows options but cant seem to move the graphics in the window. Any Ideas anyone ???
Oldbod

Hi,

I hope this helps.

While the program is running go down to the start bar and locate the button on the start bar for it.

Right click the left click on “move”.
Now use your arrow keys to move the program so you can get to the corner of the program then resize it.

Like I said I hope this helps.

Hi Thanks for your reply ,sorry it did not work. The graphics seem to be locked in the window. I can move the window though. Its quite frustrating though , the righthand edge of the screen is between the close and resize buttons !
Thanks again
Oldbod

I have cured the problem , I convinced my boss to by me a new monitor !!! perfect !!

Hi H.O.B.
I have now got my K8055 Interface pcb working , via your great EasyProgInterface program. I am using it to control a model railway layout . Is it possiable to select the analog inputs to use external and control the pwm manualy In order to get the trains in position ,then switch to auto ?

Regards
Oldbod

Hello Oldbod.

I do not completely understand what you want to do.

You wrote
‘Is it possible to select the analog inputs to use external’
Do you mean that you can connect an external device and use that? Yes you can…

‘and control the PWM manually’
What do you want to use for manual steering, you could use the F-key’s.
The PWM is directly connected to the analog output.

‘then switch to auto ?’
I think you can do so by using the memory functions. You can use them to allow or disallow certain code to be executed.

At this moment I’m working on an update. Some bugs are fixed and there will be some new functions available.
It will be possible to use an interface on another computer on your network.
Then you can select the inputs or outputs of the velleman card 0…4, on the network computer, as a condition or/and action. (analog & digital)
It’s almost ready now, but I have to do some more testing and yes it can also be used over the internet so…

When it’s ready I will post a message on this forum.

Nice to read that you (and the others) like the program.

Hilbrand Boorsma

Hi Hilbrand,
Thanks for reply , sorry I was not to clear , what I would like to do is , select a manual mode via a f key so that I could control the PWM via two external 100k potentiometers connected to the A1 & A2 anolouge inputs which I use to control the speed of the train . The direction is via a relay on one of the digital outputs .
I could then control the trains manualy to get them into position .I could then switch back to Computor control.

I look forward to the updates you mentioned.

Thankyou very much for all your help.

Regards
Oldbod

First of all this is fantastic! I just read your manual and it is exactly what I have been looking for. A combination of USB controller and simple but powerful control program, I will be buying these products just because of your program - I don’t want to have to learn VB just to turn a few things on and off!

Question for yourself and/or Vellman…

I need to controll some AC items based on digital and analogue inputs and so was looking at the K8055/VM110 controlled by your program, with the outputs linked to a K8056/VM129 . However I was wondering if I plug in a K8055 and a K8090 relay board via usb, if I can just refer to the inputs from the 8055 as Card No. 0 and the relays on the 8090 directly as outputs ? eg:

If input 1 of the Velleman card 0 (ie 8055) is true
then…
Put on output 1 of the Velleman card 1 (ie 8090)

Thanks !

Paul

Paul,

I don’t have a K8056 card, so there is no need for me supporting it.
Only the K8055 and parallel port interfaces are supported.
However you can use 2 K8055 cards and connect 2 K2633 cards to the K8055, then you can set output 1 of card 2 by using input 1 of card 0.

The K2655 is a relay card.

Hilbrand Boorsma.

Hi
Thanks for the reply, I think the K8056 is just an 8 relay version of the K2655 you mentioned
:

so that was my intention to connect that to the K8055 in the same way.

However I was wondering if the new K8090 could be directly addressed by your program as if it was another K8055 - but I guess that depends on the way Vellman have the input for the 8056 set up.

Thanks again for offering your software !

Paul

The K8090 is not compatible with the K8056, it’s completely different software-/driverwise, even though the hardware is similar

Ok Thanks for your help.

Paul