Problem with .net K8090D.dll

I just put together the K8090 relay board and am now trying to compile software to us it. My laptop is Windows 7 64 bit. I am using Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition to compile the program. I add the .net Velleman.Kits.dll to the project and try to compile the following code.
Public Class MainForm

Private Sub btncntrol_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btncntrol.Click
    K8090Board1.Port = "com9"
    If K8090Board1.Connect() Then
        K8090Board1.ToggleRelay(&HFF)
        K8090Board1.Disconnect()
    End If
End Sub

End Class
I get Unable to load DLL 'K8090D.dll. The specified module could not be found. I get this on the second line IF k8090Board1.connect().
It knows about the dll because it brings up all the K8090Board1.properties
I would appreciate any help if someone has ran into this in the past

Ok I found the K8090D.dll under windows.sysWOW64 and moved it to system32. It finds the dll but now I get error - An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. I’m a little confused I thought VellemanKits.dll was the .net equivalent to the K8090D.dll so my question is why is the compiler even looking for the K8090D.dll

Please see this thread for a solution:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5363

Hi

i know that the thread is almost 6 years old but I have the same problem with matlab and the thread proposed by vel436 for the solution no longer works.

How do i fix the error - An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format?

Thank you in advance

Here is a new link to the proposed solution: