Problem to config network

Hi,
I have serious problems configuring my new VM201.

My home-network uses 88 as sub-network (192.168.88.xxx).
I simply connected the VM201 to a free port on one of my switches and started it up. It seemed to get the IP 192.168.0.100 which means I shouldn’t be able to access it from my network. I changed my laptop’s IP to 192.168.0.101 and used a Cable direct to the module. I was able to connect with my browser and filled in new IP etc. Connected it to my network but cannot connect to it. If i connect with a direct Cable and use a fixed 192.168.88.x-IP on my laptop it works. I have also tried to use DHCP but it doesn’t work either.
Have I missed something? Other devices connected to the same switch works without any problem. Both DHCP-enabled and with fixed IP’s. I have tried to use different Cables and different ports on the switch.

You might try a different patch cable.
Most switches and routers can tell if a cross over cable is being used and adjust for it.
There are some that can’t.

BTW this is just a guess.

It was a normal patch-cable, not a crossed one. I tried with two other cables with the same result.
But I got it to work. I connected the incomming cable to this building direct to the moduler and it worked. I then connected another switch (same brand, same series but a smaller one) and it worked. I can’t figure out why.
Thanks anyway

That is strange
Glad to hear it’s working.