Problem : repeat to setup infinitely

Hello,

I just received the Allbot kit. Unfortunately, I encounter some difficulties at first use.

After having mounted Allbot (servo centered) and checked the wiring of VRSSM SHIELD (PROGRAM switch on), I uploaded a program in the Arduino Uno board.

After having disconnected the Arduino board and changed the switch VRSSM SHIELD, I put the VRBS1 SHIELD.

After powering up, it seems that the program constantly redo the setup and never the function loop.

The Arduino alone card works fine.

The program used is simply a modification of exmple program. I did not change the setup function and I replaced the loop function by :

void loop ()
{
walkright (5, 75);
delay (100);
}

This morning, I reconnected allbot. The behavior was different. The servomotors are directly in stubborn.

I do not understand why the behavior is different I have not changed anything.

Do you have an idea of my error?

Best regards

Hello,

Back from vacation, but no magic, my Allbot still does not work properly.

The Arduino Uno board works.

Do you have a simple experiment that would let me know if the problem is VRSSM SHIELD, or VRBS1 SHIELD?

I think I have followed the instructions, is a card that was already defective?

Best regards

Hello,

I tried with a new board arduino uno: same result.

From the beginning, I noticed that, in less than a minute, the batteries warm much.

Is this normal or a sign of a problem?

Thanking you in advance,
Cédric

This post seems to be about your problem, and the answer I found to it. The batteries just can’t supply enough mA of current, and reset.

Thank you very much, you are right.

I was using Duracell batteries. Now, with rechargeable Ni-MH batteries 2800mAh , Allbot works properly.

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards,
Cédric