Problem getting the screen going

I just got a vma412 and am not able to get it going. I have used ardunio’s and install libraries. I downloaded the file vma412_code_and_library_update.zip and tried to install it to my ide (Version 1.8.5) but it says The Library "VMA512 code and library update’ cannnot be used. Library names must contain only basic letters and numbers.

Just for the heck of it I tried renaming the zip but that didn’t work either.

Did I miss some instructions somehwere or could someone that got the vma412 running tell me the steps they took - or I’d be happy to find a page online with the correct instructions.

Thank you.

Hi all

ive got the same problem as above has anybody an solution?
my screen stays always white

Your screen? Do you mean the serial monitor?

No dont mean serial, ive bougt the vma412 shield, and cant get the libary or display working

Or can u suppley the correct named libary?

Hi - I was able to get the VMA412 working. I have it going on a Mega 2560 but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on a an uno. Here’s the link:
https://zakscloud.com/index.php/s/PwAgCMbFXhgdCK0

It’s a zip file with the ino file and all the library include files I used. I’ll leave the link up for a couple months.

I’m using the 1.8.5 IDE. It wasn’t easy getting it going, the directions could have been clearer.

leon …

Got it working too the problem was an wrong driver setting in the software
Any way thanks for the help
The manuel needs to be better, or a specified example provide by velleman, with all the setting correct
I downloade the adafruit libarys