Printing small surface

When I have a model which ends at the top small (less than 1 cm2 ) the print stops to let the PLA cool and this happens with each layer. The result is that a lot of thin wires are connected to the model.
How can I improve this?

[quote=“pannekoek”]When I have a model which ends at the top small (less than 1 cm2 ) the print stops to let the PLA cool and this happens with each layer. The result is that a lot of thin wires are connected to the model.
How can I improve this?[/quote]

You can reduce “Minimum layer time” to 1 second (or 0s) from Filament / Cooling settings in Cura. This naturally does not speed up the cooling, but disables the resting. Then improve cooling by adding fans and ducts to direct airflow on the print.

Alternatively you can print several parts at the same time to increase layer time, but in my opinion this is not ideal if you a) don’t need the additional parts or b) the base of the part is significantly more complex than the top (looong printing times). Besides moving from part to another still may result in strings.

I could change the design to make the top of the model solid to increase printing time of the top layers. How can I do this?