Printing only on the rightside of the printbed

Delta Vertex is printing fine on the right side of the bed. Followed the calibration cycle. But on the right side it seems the height is not right - too close to the bed. Piezo’s semm to work well, the bed can move between the gray clamps. Strange…

Anybody know’s why? Thanks!

Dear @Willem_Waalre,

The piezo on this right side seems to be defective.
The best solution is to replace it with new one.

"For replacing the Piezo sensor, follow the “Base assembly manual, see pdf via this link
=> follow the steps: page 24-28.

After changing, reset the printer, and recalibrate.

Go to => Settings.

1. Restore Failsafe.
  2. Initialize EEPROM
  3. Store Settings
  4. Vertex Calibration:
    a. AUTO HOME
    b. Calibrate Height
    c. Auto Calibration
    When the display shows “Calibration ok”, the printer exits the calibration menu.
    Then go back to “SETTINGS” and tap “STORE SETTINGS”. To do this, press the button for 2
    seconds. You will hear feedback from the buzzer several times. => Settings are stored in the
    EEPROM memory.

Best Regards,
Velleman Technical Service

Hi Willem,
I say 2 x paper on the left, 1 on the right, and calibrate again. Then print again, sand your bed with fine sandpaper and wipe with spirits. See my other Article in [K8800 Printing and Calibration(?) issues]
Good luck and hear how it goes.
Regards,
Tom

Thanks! It’s already better!

Thanks for your support! Your solution together with some tape on the right pïezo solved the issue. But I thought bedlevelling would compensate but did not. Works great now!

Thank you for your input! 3x right and 1 left front paper tape levelled it very well! Thougt bedlevelling would compensate the 0.3mm but did not. I think the ring with the pïezos isn’t in line - perpendicular - with the colums. But prints fine now! Later I fix the pïezo-ring so I get rid of the tape. Good luck! Have a nice day!

Hi Willem,
nice to here, I found out the hard way, bed should be flat, and the software should compensate, but it don’t!
So I keep my paper for now and replace it later for something else. Must find out what.
The piezo works fine, but I think about a little nut and screw on the piezo, so I can adjust. Lose some high then but 3 mm is not so match. Success,
Regards,
Tom

Hi, I improved the bed levelling with some sturdy springs. I found small springs 11 inside and about 16mm in height. Placed them around the pillars where the piezo ring is mounted on. Now it,s levelled within 0.05mm.

Hi, I improved the bed levelling with some sturdy springs. I found small springs 11 inside and about 16mm in height. Placed them around the pillars where the piezo ring is mounted on. Now it,s levelled within 0.05mm.

It’s levelled now but the print is bad cause I bumped the nozzle once to much… :o( Anyway, levelling seems to be fixed.
Have a nice day,
Willem

Hi Willem,
I connect to you with linkedin, nice work, start to make it the same!

Kind regards,
Tom

heb je net toegevoegd bij Linked in

Springs are on it, 1st prints went fine!!!

Kind regards.

Gaaf!
Dat je die dingen ook zomaar had liggen…

Here a tip, take a empty spindle from your wife’s sawing machine and some Double sided tape and put it like the picture to make the filament go nice to the machine.
Kind regards,
Tom

Where did you buy the springs?