Printhead droping temperature

Hello.
Resently i am having a problem with printhead temperature. I set it on 230 and after less then min of printing it starts to drop to 210 even lower. What could be the problem. Thanks in advance. P.S. i didnt have this problem for a month.

230C is a little high for ABS try 220.
190C for PLA.
Check the screws that hold the wires for the heater block.
It sounds like they are loose.
This can also be caused by a draft from an AC vent blowing on the printer or the room being to cold.

One day after i posted this topic temperature whent crazy. Reading where from 200 to 50 to 170 and so on. So i think thermistor is broken. New one will come in few days i will update what happend. Anyway thank you for your help.

Ok so i changed the heater and the thermistor and also solderd the extruder board and still have temperature drops. Room temperature is around 30 degres. I am all out of ideas what could be the problem. Or is it normal for temperature to bo trop 20 - 30 degress down?

A suggestion: what happens if you set the fan on 50%?

I have printed my self a airvent and i set fan to 20% and it still has problems to keep up the temperature and i think i cant go anylower cuz then it wount have enough air to cool down the layer.

Ok. I suggested this because I think the heater can’t manage high temperatures. I print PETG on 230 degrees and have to keep the fan on 40% because otherwise the heater drops to 220 degrees or less. With PLA on 190 degrees there’s no problem.

It looks like a construction failure…
Maybe Velleman has an idea?

I tryed lowering fan even more and you where right now it can keep up. So now i am thinking cuz the fan speed is rly low i will need to get stronger heater or bigger heatblock so it can keep up with the fan.

A bit late, however…
Check the large white connector on the printheadhead board.
Lots of current go through it, for which it was not designed --> burnt plastic.
Your best best is to reseat it and some contact cleaner will do no harm.
Cheers,
Benoit

I have tryed that that and it didnt help i still have problems with it. Dont know what to do.

Just wondering.
What is the temperature in your room?

I dont know around 24

Just a few more topics to think about:

You wrote that you made your own air vent. That means, we have no idea how the air flow is running along the printhead and the hotend.

Now note my experience I made with the thermal control. The thermistor is put in a hole in the heater block, which is larger than the thermistor itself. The oversize must fit the tolerances and the glass fiber mesh hose. The mesh has a poor thermal conductivity, additionally you have a lot of air gaps with negligible thermal conductivity. However, you have a good thermal contact to the (cold) PCB where you connect the thermistor via the copper cables…
With the poor thermal contact between heater block and the thermistor you will generate a temperature drop between these two parts. The heater block is powered by the heater, the thermistor is cooled by the connection line. Now you put on the fan and cool down the connection line and the thermistor more efficient. You will further reduce the thermistor reading, but you will never know the temperature of your heater block. For me this is a weakness of the heater design.

In this configuration large temperature deviations have been reported at different topics within this forum. With increasing temperature target I could measure increasing differences between heater block (Nozzle tip) and thermistor up to 50°C. The heater is capable of providing high temperatures (a lot of overheated and damaged PEEK isolators are reported in this forum), we are suffering a good thermal control.

Without changing the hotend design you may check if you can improve your situation by filling the gaps around the thermistor with thermal grease. But be aware, that it must be non-conductive and capable for temperatures around 250°C. The majority of the available thermal greases are specified with maximum 150°C.

Thank you very much for your replay. I will try to fix it as soon as i can and will update what happend.