Printer crashes during printing

My K8200 Printer workes most of the time, but sometimes he crashes during printing.
I cant controlle it untill i pull the plug and restart the whole system i tryed killing the printing process but that didn’t worke.

This has happened 2 times out of 6 total runs so fare and i am worried about leaving the printer alone, because the heating elements don’t shut down.

I am thankfull for any helpe
Aaron

Perhaps you have some electrical device in neigbourhood which generates spike in the power net.

It is difficult to diagnose a crash like this, but it could be caused by overheating during a long print job. As the controller heats up, it will tend to draw more power, and as the power supply heats up, it will become less efficient.

Check in the Repetier printer console for any error messages. If you see a “brown out reset” message then this is likely the problem. You can also monitor the voltage at the power supply terminals on the controller board. If the supply voltage drops or the supply gets hot to the touch, it may be losing efficiency on long print jobs.

If this is the case, you can try putting a cooling fan on your controller board to help it out. You could also upgrade the power supply to one that can provide at least 150 Watts. I run my K8200 on a 12V 360 Watt power supply. It works great and the bed and extruder heats quickly.

I don’t understand what you mean by crashes.
Does it just stop and leave the heaters on?
Are you using the USB cable supplied with the printer?
Make sure you keep the power supply as far from the control board as possible.

Mine does that too.

Sometimes it just stops; all the motors stop but the bed and extruder heaters stay on. I have to power cycle the printer and reconnect RH to it to get any response, otherwise commands just queue up.

I think it might be when the fan switches on or changes speed, but I’m not sure.

Are you printing from a VM8201 or from a computer?
If from a computer are you using the USB cable supplied with the K8200?
Can you try it with another computer?