Printed part is shift/moved (only X direction)

Hello,

the printed part is shift/moved (only X direction) approximately by 2mm, I think the X motor is losing steps.

Could you please help me.

Thanks.

Have you checked the voltage for that driver?
You may have to bump it up to 0.55

Hi,

You can:

• Make sure the bed moves well in X direction. Apply grease to the rod.
  • Make sure the belt is not too loose.
  • Make sure the pulley sits well on the stepper motor. I flattened the motor rod a little bit and secured the little bolt with a drop of thread locker (a very light one, not strong).
  • You can increase the voltage for the X stepper motor up to a maximum of 0.55 V. I’d try with 0.5 V first.

Good luck and have fun :slight_smile:

Hello,

thank you for your quick answers.

Yes the bed moves well in X direction
I did the belt tension like (approximately) the Y direction belt.
The pulley sits well on the stepper motor
I increased the voltage for the X stepper motor to 0.55 V

always the same problems.

thanks in advance.

If you have it plugged in to a surge protector unplug it from that and plug it into the wall or a power strip
This may help

Also, check if the nozzle or any PLA attached to the nozzle does not touch your object that you are printing.
Make sure the stepper driver is not overheating, as it could cause a temporary shut down, which could explain the loss of steps.

I’ve had the same problem since yesterday. The x-axis is shifted in one direction. It only occurs under fast acceleration (while filling). I checked the belt tension and the pulley. Both are fine. Voltage is 0,52V.
The stepper sounds strange during the malfunction. You can prvoke this sound with the malfunction when you hold your finger slightly down on the heatbed. (Works also only in one direction)
Is there a solution to the problem?

Best Regards, Lutz

Hi
I fixed the problem:

1. I applied teflon spray to all moving parts (reduced friction)
  2. Increased voltage to 0,56 V (more power)
  3. Reduced acceleration to 200 mm/s2 (reduced inertia forces)

Hope I can help somebody with this post.

Best Regards, Lutz.

Hello together,

the problem persists!!!

I applied teflon spray to all moving parts
I Increased voltage to 0,55 V
I Reduced acceleration to 200 mm/s2
The nozzle not touch the object
The stepper driver is not overheating I installed a ventilator

Check the screw that holds the pulley on the motor shaft.
I had one come loose and it took me awhile to find it and drove me nuts on the way.
If the print bed stopped skipping steps after you slowed it and started again this might be it.

You can try uploading the following firmware to the mainboard:

velleman.be/downloads/files/ … RLINV2.rar

You can use the last chapter of the online manual to know how to do this.

This is a new firmware we will officially release when the LCD/SD CARD board is released but it is possible it will solve your problem.

Be sure to check also if your endstops are not vibrating to much and if their wiring is OK.

Hello Together,

allways the same problem part is moved in X direction,
this is happening allways on the same position and on the same part.

Regards

What part are you trying to print?
Check the belt for the X axis make sure it’s not to tight or to loose.

I have the same f****** problem.
The first layers are always fine (no motor troubles) and then without any reason part printing are shifting.
I’m quite desperate, i have this printer since october 2013 and until now i have never been able to print any part (worst printer ever?)

Reduce your Speed for non print moves to 100mm/sec. This solved the problem for me.