Print issue. Gap between vertical shell and infill/top shell

Hi everyone

As you can see in the picture, when printing any object (in this case 2 5-point stars simultaneously), vertex k8400 prints one of the offset side shells with respect to where it should be.

In the slicer (repetier-host with cura engine) the gcode is correct, as you can view (see image 2), but at the time of printing, it performs this “deformation” of the object. This is not a issue with infill overlap, is a displacement of one of the side shells.

This problem of displacement of some specific area happens with cura engine. Anyone know what might be happening and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Roman
Imprimetresde

Did you already find an answer for this problem? I have exactly the same problem.

It’s all about calibration: http://www.k8xxx-3dprinters.crimed.be/w/index.php/XY-Carriage_Alignment

I would not think so because i have never had this problem in the last 1.5year. But I will measure it.

Dear Casa Solution,

you may agree that between a drawn line in a computer simulation and an extruded line may be a slightly difference. The computer puts a circle on the screen. For the extruder you have to provide the right pressure for the specific temperature needed for the used material to have the best viscosity without clogging the nozzle by burning the material.

These are precautions which needs to be properly adjusted. But there are some slicer specific issues you may check. First is how the extrusion model is handled within the slicer. I use slic3r, because there I found an information about the extrusion model, which I found was incorrect for specific conditions. Since the source code is available I did a correction of these special cases. I don’t know how cura is handling this.
Since the extruded material has some viscousity, flow variations are normally responded with a delay. If the flow of the infill is interrupted at the vertical shell, then the shown effect can appear. You should check for parameters affecting the overlap of infill and outer shell. Furthermore you may reduce the printing speed to give the material the chance to stabilize the flow in short time and distance and reduce ramp-up effects.
Finally form the impression of your top shell I would assume that the material flow is not correctly calibrated, you may increase the flow a few percent: this will cause a smoother surface and will reduce/avoid the gaps.

You see, there are several possibilities for optimization. So without knowing your detailed setting these are some proposals where to look after, you may select your best candidate by yourself.

Good luck.

See also this link: https://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide#circles
I had this issue a couple of times. Check that your printhead carriage is running smooth and freely, that your pulleys are tightened and the belts has tension. Especially the short belts has to be pretty tight. I am using this simple thing to tighten the short belts: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1853756

Good luck

i decreased both the shell thickness and the top/bottom thickness to 0,8mm and this worked.
Thanks for your replies! I also just printed the belt tensioner but didn’t put it to use yet.