Print heads seem to loose contact with the model

Hello,

On this particular model (which is build up mainly by tubes), the printer manages to print the ‘start-up’ framework, but when it comes to the tubes, it seems to loose contact and the PLA is no longer printed on top of the model.

I only noticed it when the head was already 5 mm from the model, and a blob of PLA was hanging on the tip of the head.

Has anyone experience with this? Should i change some settings. (This is only my 3rd print.)

Hello,

I get the same problème when printing some very small thing (1:50 chair legs). It seems its because too fast feed, too hot with this PLA. I’ve many of this problem with natural PLA. I’ve to reduce temperature to 173°c and 80% feed in order to get something. With yellow PLA I print without any problem at 190°c … Clear PLA is easier to melt.

What’s strange you print black …

BRs

[quote=“Markoy2011”]On this particular model (which is build up mainly by tubes), the printer manages to print the ‘start-up’ framework, but when it comes to the tubes, it seems to loose contact and the PLA is no longer printed on top of the model.
[/quote]Check the sliced model line by line. Sometimes with very small parts, the slicer is forgetting some lines and it just prints nothing. If that’s the case, try to increase the wall thickness.

Another possibility might be that the cool head lift feature increases your chance of a blocked nozzle with some types of filament (e.g. polywood), even if the blockage is momentary (i.e. the flow starts again, but takes a second or two). If you miss a couple of layers, then then rest is often ruined even when the nozzle unblocks itself.

I think it’s always helpful to try and think about the reality of what you’re asking the printer to do. You’re asking a very hot object with molten plastic to print very tall, slender and delicate objects (without support?). What would be the best chance of getting that to work? Perhaps you have to decrease the min layer time, reduce temperature, change print speeds, disable/enable cool head lift, etc? You’ll have to experiment with your object to see what works best. This is part of the ‘fun’ of learning how to print what you want!

You may want to change the retraction to 3mm or 4mm.

On this precise model (that is building up specifically via tubes), the printer manages to print the ‘begin-up with backpain chair reviews for home framework, but when it comes to the tubes, it seems to unfastened contact and the PLA is now not printed on top of the mode