Power supply, options

Hi.

First of all I apologize for my English. The case is that I have a number of issues especially regarding how to feed the “Allbot (VR408)” given the short duration of the “AA” batteries.

The options that I think are:

• Power supply through a transformer 5v / 2.5A through the input terminals of the plate SK1 VRBS1, to test this would be perfect (a long cable …)
  • It would be feasible to use a Power Bank (as used to recharge mobile phones) of 2100A, or requires a higher amperage.
  • Through USB port, my idea is to feed the robot from the port / ports allowing through the serial port debug programs because if I understand what is not possible is to feed the VR408 through the SK1 VRBS1 and the pair have it connected the Arduino UNO or Mega via USB.

Are a few issues, but I am novice in matters of electronic

Nothing more, thanks.

Hi

We recommend the PSSE36 =>http://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?id=384722 for external adapter

We’re busy releasing a new battery shield with a Li-ion battery

Best Regards
VEL337

A battery shield with Li-ion battery sounds great. Any projection on when it will be available to the public? I attempted to view the external adapter listed above, but the URL didn’t lead to a part and searching for PSSE36 on the products page didn’t return any results. Is this part no longer available? Are there any other recommendations for a power solution?

Thanks