PLA Filament and additives

Is it safe to assume that any Velleman brand PLA filament that doesn’t have metallic, glitter, wood or diamond in it’s name is just PLA with no added particles? I’ve heard that particles mixed in with the filament can wear down the nozzle. I’ve read the instructions on how to change the nozzle and I don’t want to attempt that so I’m avoiding any filament that has abrasive additives. I like the sound of the Satin filaments but if they are going to wear out the nozzle I’m not going to buy them.

P.S. Thank you to everyone in the forum who helped me with advice on getting my printer to work. It was a bit of a challenge for me but it works well now and I’m very pleased with it.

1 Like

Yes

The regular colors don’t wear the nozzle,
Glitter, Glow in the dark aka cleaning filament does major damage, and matte colors.

Best Regards,
VEL337

When you say matte colours, does that include satin finish filament? Does satin wear down the nozzle badly?

I don’t think it does wear the nozzle down

Thank you for that information. I think I’ll take a chance on the Champagne Gold Satin filament. It does look very nice, probably best for special projects.