PCSU200 with Windows XP

Hi,
is there anybody who can give a hint to me how solving the software problem with PCSU200 running on Windows XP SP3 on a notebook.
Apllication PcLab200.exe and driver are installed correctly. After “Hardware Setup” the ‘loading’ process could not be finalized - the application is out of response.
Same after “Calibrate and Exit” - the application is out of response.

Thanks in advance.

Hello!
Why PCSU200 not work with native drivers, but it works fine with drivers from the PCSU1000?
WinRAR says “archive corrupted” velleman.eu/support/downloads/?code=PCSU200

You yourself have tested the archives posted on the website?
Thank you.

Hi,
thanks for the response, but I do not understand your comment.

This message is not for you. This is a question for the administration. Did not want to produce new topics on the forum.

Sorry, we do not understand, please elaborate.

Hello VEL417,
I will try to explain the problem a little bit more in detail:
First I installed and tested PCSU200 with driver and application PcLab200 from your website on a powerfull PC containing Win7 as OS; software and equipment works without any problems.

After this I have done the same actions on a DELL notebook containing Windows XP Home Edition (SP3) and USB 1.1 interface. The hardware PCSU200 was accepted by Windows and by the application - but I have to do the ‘Hardware Setup’ several times. After the ‘loading’ process has finished I have done the next step. During next step - ‘Calibrate…’ the software stops, nothing happens! When clicking into the application window, there was no more response from application and I only could finish the application using the Windows Task Manager.
The system proposed me to send a message (to Microsoft), but the notebook is not prepared for internet correspondence at the moment.

Is there any idea what’s going wrong?

Thank you for the detailed description of the problem.

[quote]First I installed and tested PCSU200 with driver and application PcLab200 from your website on a powerfull PC containing Win7 as OS; software and equipment works without any problems.[/quote]This seems to indicate that your PCSU200 hardware and software are OK.

The problem with the DELL notebook indicate unknown problem.
I’m sorry this problem is difficult to resolve.
The problem may be related to the USB communication or driver.

If the problem is that the USB port is not capable to deliver required current, a solution can be to use a self powered USB HUB.

Hello VEL255
thanks for the proposed solution. I have had the same idea, but in the user manual of the pcsu200 it is written as follows:

‘* NOTE: it is NOT recommended to use an USB - HUB device, this can cause the software to stop working.’

I will still try the proposed solution and inform you about the result a.s.a.p.

I did read that in the manual.

I think they are talking about a passive hub (non powered)
This would degrade the signal and cut down on the current.

VEL255 is talking about an active hub (powered)
This will regenerate the signal and supply current from the power supply.

Great Success!

the PCSU200 and the notebook are working well together now!
I have organized a self-powered hub and installed all the drivers requested by the system.

Many thanks to all for the support.

As a concluding remark to the velleman company: Please think about elimination of the ‘NOTE’ from manual or reoword it; it’s a bit misleading.

CHHeli

Thank you for the feedback and thank you for the comment about the ‘NOTE’ !