PCSU1000 Windows 7 64 Bit USB Code 52

Hi all,

I am trying to get my PCSU1000 working on a HP machine using 64 bit Windows 7. I updated the software driver to get PcLab2000SE running but when I open the program I get the “No hardware response!” message. I am using version 4.07 of PcLab2000SE. When I go into the Windows device manager, the PCSU1000_Oscilloscope driver does appears under USB Controllers with a yellow exclamation point. I have tried right clicking and updating the driver software and get this message: “the best driver software for your device is already installed. windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.”

Under the drive properties General tab under Device status is says: “Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)”

And the Driver tab looks like this: Capture2

I have looked at past forums with issues similar to mine (particularly a post from 2012), but there is no longer a driver to download from the Velleman website for PCSU1000 and the other issues do not appear to be relevant. When I search on the site to download an updated driver, the only download options I get are for Pclab2000SE and PCSU1000 PC-scope, which is not what I am looking for, as I understand it. I have also tried uninstalling all the PCSU1000 drivers and starting fresh but the outcome was the same. I don’t know if I am missing something, or if there are other steps I need to complete, but I would really appreciate some up to date guidance on how to rectify this issue. Please let me know if there is any additional information needed to help.

Best,
Sam Williams

The warning message you are getting is normal.
You should have the option to continue the install.
The software has the drivers in it.
They should install automatically

Thank you for your response. Do you mean that the code 52 warning is normal?

I do have the option to update the drive, but the drivers are supposedly installed and up to date (when I click update driver software in device manager, I get the message: “the best driver software for your device is already installed. windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.”) However, PcLab2000SE still does not recognize my PCSU1000 device.

Any additional tips for troubleshooting?

Try this.
Remove the software and driver.
Restart your computer while it is starting up do the following.

Press and tap the F8 key about every second until you see the Advanced Boot Options. Use the arrow keys to select an advanced option to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement. NOTE: This is the temporary solution. You have to repeat the process every time you want to use unsigned drivers .

When the machine starts up make sure the software is unzipped and reload it.