PCSU1000 USB driver is LOOPING on one USB port

Hello,

I used the PCSU1000 in combination with the PCLAB2000SE V4.05 software. I have a computer running Windows 7 - 32bit, my PC is configured to power off after 1 hour of inactivity.
I left the PCLAB2000 software open, I was using the PCSU1000 scope software. Is was not measuring at that time, I left the room for more than an hour.

When I came back I had to started up my computer again and since then the USB driver software for the PCSU1000 scope is in a continuous loop. Every second the USB driver is loaded again and again. I use a sound attached to this event so you can hear it. This problem only occurs on the USB port I used when computer went to sleep. When I use an other USB port on my computer the driver loads normally and the software works OK.

De-installing the USB driver including the removal of the driver and than installing a fresh driver did not help to solve this problem. Since above situation that specific USB port is not usable anymore for the PCSU1000 scope, it keeps on looping during the driver load!

Please advice how to really completely remove all software states and data to solve this issue for that specific USB port, so I can start using it again with the PCSU1000 scope?

Awaiting your reply,
Regards,
Christian

You may try this solution from Microsoft:
[color=#008000]“USB port may stop working after you remove or insert a USB device”
“If you quickly and repeatedly insert and remove a USB device, the USB port may stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.
This article helps you fix the problem.”:[/color]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817900

Thanks for the tip/link! That solved the problem.

Best regards,
Christian