PCSU1000 & PCGU1000 on Windows 8 x64

Hello,

Just in case someone is interested, I wanted to report that I managed to install the PCSU1000 and the PCGU1000 devices on Windows 8 x64.

I had to modify the drivers a little bit.
Sadly, I had to generate a new cab file for the PCSU so the driver is not signed anymore… you have to disable drivers signature enforcement in order to install it.
Until FTDI releases an official Windows 8 driver, I thinks there is nothing else we can do about this.

Feel free to contact me for the drivers, I’ll post them on this forum if I am allowed to redistribute the modified drivers…

Cédric

Hello Cédric,
when installing the drivers for PCSU1000 and PCGU1000 on Windows 8 - 64 bit I meet exactly with the problem.
It would be possible that you could send me all necessary files, inclusive of the modified files as a zip file, for the two Velleman equipment by e-mail.
Where can I disable drivers signature enforcement under Windows 8 ?

Many thanks for your support.
Reinhard

My e-mail: info@wuitz.de

[quote=“RWSoft”]Hello Cédric,
when installing the drivers for PCSU1000 and PCGU1000 on Windows 8 - 64 bit I meet exactly with the problem.
It would be possible that you could send me all necessary files, inclusive of the modified files as a zip file, for the two Velleman equipment by e-mail.
Where can I disable drivers signature enforcement under Windows 8 ?

Many thanks for your support.
Reinhard

My e-mail: [/quote]
Hi Reinhard,

I still don’t know if I’m allowed to publicly distribute modified drivers so I’ll send you an email.

To disable driver enforment, you can type those two commands at a command prompt:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

After that you can reboot and install the drivers.

The desktop will display a watermark that says “Test mode”… you can hide it with some tools like “Remove watermark”… but I haven’t gone that far as I did really not like Windows 8 and have uninstalled it now.

It would be really great if FTDI released a signed driver for windows 8, but it doens’t seem to be coming any time soon…

Cédric

[quote]bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON[/quote]Is that necessary? Since the driver is probably not signed at all…

It’s not necessary for the PCGU1000.

But for the PCSU1000, I believe it is mandatory…

Without that, Windows doesn’t load the driver and displays this message :
“Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)”

Most helpful

Hey, i’ve got the same problem with the driver for win8. i’ve got a pcgu1000. Could you please give me an step by step instruction?

In 64bit Windows 8 and 8.1, you have to disable the driver signature enforcement to install the driver.

Here some instructions to install the driver and how to disable the driver signature enforcement in Windows 8:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11365

For more information on how to do this, you may view this YouTube video
youtube.com/watch?v=NM1MN8QZhnk

Here are the instructions how to disable the driver signature enforcement in Windows 8.1:
howtogeek.com/167723/how-to- … d-drivers/

There is a workaround to use the PCGU1000 on 64-bit Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.
You’ll find the instructions in the Release_Notes.pdf included to the PcLab2000SE installation package.

You can download the the PcLab2000SE installation package and latest Windows driver from this page:
velleman.eu/support/download … 1000&type=

After doing the “workaround” you can install this driver:
[color=#008000]PCGU1000 USB driver[/color]
[color=#008000]for Windows XP (32- and 64-bit) / Vista (32-bit) / Windows7 (32-bit)[/color]