Problem with DriverLINX.
When trying to run PCLAB2000 it always responds with “Cannot open DriverLINX driver, Please run INSTALL_DRV.EXE to install driver” repeatedly.
- Windows SP SP3, Dell computer, Parralel connected and working with other programmes.
- Load any version of PCLAB2000 from v1.34 (which previously worked!) up to the current download v3.1. No success
- Did complete removal (including manual removal of Registry bits) between each try. Problem is same
- Checked boot set-up of port, “PS/2”, OK.
- Checked System, Hardware, Device Manager, Ports (COM & LPT), LPT1, ‘working properly’
- Each time installation of drivers is reported as ‘complete’. PC cold rebooted 1x, 2x etc,… Checked location of the two files dportio.dll and .sys are in correct locations (…\system32 and …\system32\drivers respectively as well as in the PCLAB directory).
- Note: stopped the security programme (Kaspersky Internet Security 8.0) for all the above as that did flag up various issues and may haver interfered the 1st time I tried to load.
- I am the Administrator. Double checked!!!
(BTW this has worked on this computer a year or so ago when I last used and before a major clean)