PCGU1000 lib waveform and frequency setting

I’m looking at this unit to allow me to create a signal that includes energy at a series of frequencies.

what i’d like to do is create a waveform that is a sum of sine waves. for example, i’d like an 8 second long (or longer) file (with 1024Hz sampling rate for 8192 samples) that is a sum of sine waves at 16 different frequencies evenly spaced between 4Hz and 6Hz (or something similar). i can do the programming in VB, or create a table of the values in Excel and save as a .lib, but then i’m not sure what the ‘frequency’ setting does to my waveform. if i have 8192 data points that results in 8 seconds of data, and not just one cycle, and i set the frequency to 10Hz, does that mean that every 0.1 second, it restarts my dataset? or does it output my entire dataset every .1 seconds?

i’m not clear how i can enter 8192 points without entering both an amplitude and a time for each datapoint. i’d guess this is related to the frequency setting, but it’s not really clear how.

any help is appreciated…

[quote]if i have 8192 data points that results in 8 seconds of data, and not just one cycle, and i set the frequency to 10Hz, does that mean that every 0.1 second, it restarts my dataset? or does it output my entire dataset every .1 seconds?[/quote]The whole dataset is repeated at the selected frequency.
You like to repeat it every 8 seconds. In this case you should select the frequency 1/8Hz = 0.125Hz.

Wonderful. Thanks for your help.